stuck thoughts!!!

kjkinger77

Hey i am new here and this is my first post.... Here's my story... I work for the railroad and we work out in gangs and different ppl come and go. Well one guy cam to my gang for about a month and then he went to another gang in the company... about a month after he left the guys told me he shot himself in the head. He fought out in Iraq and apparently had some really seriously issue like PTSD or something i dont know. Anyway ever since then i have constant thoughts of this guy shooting himself and i sometimes get the thoughts of me shooting myself. I am by no means suicidal or depressed or anything like that but for some reason i keep having these thoughts the are basically stuck... I get anxiety and stress from them i get these tension headaches as well. I don't know whether I have OCD or just anxiety but it really bothers me. I am not like that, i love life, i enjoy seeing beautiful things nature has to offer I love my family and my girlfriend, I do not want to hurt myself AT ALL. So why am i thinking this stuff??? It seemed like something sparked in my head when i heard about this guy who committed suicide. I have heard about other people in the past doing it and it NEVER bothered me one bit I mean i had sympathy but i wasn't scared of my own thoughts like i am now. I don't understand how i woke up one day and was like this. I was lazy for a little awhile and living somewhat of a stressful life, just from work, driving there and such, rushing around a lot basically. I would appreciate it if some of you guys no what the deal is and could give me some advice... I am seeing a therapist for this and he is starting to do this Rapid Eye Movement Disensitization or whatever it is and i started exercising again, they say it helps allieviate stress and anxiety. I read that hypnosis helps and i have been reading books and stuff so i am trying to fight this crap but it sucks ya know. So let me know guys thanks!

michael122

I understand. I have lots of unwanted thoughts that I used to didn't think about and i'm seeing a doctor about it this week. I have a lot of stress and anxiety so that could be the main reason for it because i'm always thinking of death. It's so annoying like sometimes i'll be watching a movie or listening to music that has nothing to do with death but then it'll pop into my mind and I get real scared cause I always think i'm about to die or somthing and i'm always looking for the worse in everything and it's so hard to stop thinking negative.
'

kjkinger77

Yeah that is the majority of it i think like every little thing i can die and i think because suicide is linked with death it is on my mind as well. Before all this happened I have known like 5-6 people who died around me and that seemed to stick with me before these thoughts of this guy committing suicide came in my head. They died before this guy committed suicide now i got these thoughts and not as much about just death alone if you know what I mean.

ds29

I know what you are saying.. I while back a friend showed me a man getting murdered on video and I felt so sick thinking about that video.. I couldn't stop thinking about it.. I became very depressed.

Now when I'm older I realize that it was my reaction to the thoughts that made me feel bad, not the actual video. So my advice for you is to try to become neutral = don't react to your thoughts.

I've done so through meditation and here's a video I think you should watch.. YouTube - Yoga and Meditation for Stress take care!

Tyguy

are you telling yourself that these thoughts are, in fact, just thoughts? Do this every time you start to think about it. This is how my OCD grew. It started just like this and then mutated into something else...13 years later I have some issues to work out.

DO NOT LET IT GET PAST THIS POINT. Make an appointment with a therapist/psychiatrist and try to beat this while it's fresh so to speak.

I hate it when I see other people's stories so similar to mine, I wish I could go back in time and give my "past self" some advice.

good luck