Struggling again. Man it gets bad

ryan2022

Hi guys, its been a while.

I hope your all doing well.

I've been having a hell of a time lately with my general anxiety again. I've been working on my diet with my wife, and made some improvements, now it feels like there isnt much else I can do, and I go off the deep end.

I'm not sure where its stemming from, I'm having feelings of guilt and embarassment, which are basically pointless and unjustified. I recently got a tattoo, which I'm wondering is part of my problem. Its not my first, but it'll be my last.

I tend to really ruminate on things, which really upsets me. I'm not sure if its OCD, but I've always struggled with it. Otherwise, I dont have any other OCD symptoms. This is really terrible. My life should be good right now, bu tI feel like I'm falling apart.

Just needed to vent.

Ryan

Anastasia

Hi Ryan - I'm afraid I can't offer any advice at the moment, but sympathies. I'm having a case of general anxiety spiralling out of control at the moment myself. Almost becoming a panic disorder I think. Like you, rumination feeds heavily into it and I think in my particular situation right now, not expressing myself properly to the people around me when I should.

I know that in the past, practising mindfulness has been able to ease things - if just a little bit. That's about the only thing I can come up with atm.

Hang in there...

ryan2022

Thanks for the reply. I finally went to see someone, so it was a start.

Good luck, hopefully you're feeling better.

Hi ryan, sorry to hear about your problems.
How long have you been having these issues, btw? If it's been a longer time (like I understood from your post), why don't you give therapy a try?