Stronger than most people?

Tab

I know I've seen this posted on here before, but its probably been buried somewhere in the forum. Anyway, I was at Wendy's yesterday night around 8ish. I was by myself of course eating, not many people in there, but of course everyone else was with someone. Anyway when I'm sitting I can never stop moving my legs. If I stop it's like...I don't know I can't explain it, it just feels weird. Anyway this got me thinkin, I used to always fidget in front of my grandma and she'd ask me if I was nervous or something. I'd say no cuz according to my definition of nervous its: sweating bullets, blushing, anxious, and nauseous. So if I'm not experiencing that, I feel like I'm fine. But it got me thinking, no one else is is moving around, but I didn't feel anxious or nervous. It made me think that if someone could feel the way I feel, would they consider my actions as nervous? And if they thought that moving around a lot was nervous, then what would they feel when I start to really feel anxious, you know?

I tend to think we put up with a hell of a lot more effort into our daily lives than 'normal' people. Anyone agree?

weak

Tab said:
I tend to think we put up with a hell of a lot more effort into our daily lives than 'normal' people. Anyone agree?

In terms of effort, I agree, but I definitely wouldn't say were 'stronger' than anyone else. If anything, we're the exact opposite. Anxiety is fear, fear is weakness.

stardog

I feel strong when I face my fears......

Depression, anxiety is not strength, in itself, I think coming out of it requires a lot of strength though.

Well, considering how physically and emotionally draining it is for me to wake up every day and convince myself to go to school, where there are people, then come home and deal with my family, who criticize me more than anybody else, and STILL manage to get good grades and avoid drinking and shit like that, I'd say that takes strength. It's my theory that if a "normal" person and an SA sufferer are at the same level, the SA sufferer is working at least twice as hard as the other guy.

Ventrilo

yea i always fidget too. One time someone asked me why i do and i told them its cause i'm nervous all the time, that's one way to get into an akward conversation.