Stress

PrettyBoy

I'm living with my mum and my sister. My mum has a serious mental illness and she refuses to clean the house and clean herself. All she does is sit there and drink she's also an alcoholic. She leaves doors unlocked leaves the oven on and I've saved our house and lives many times. Ever since my dad passed away last year she has lost the will to live and doesn't care anymore. It is seriously affecting my sister she's younger than me and every night when she comes back from work she's screaming and shouting with anger because of the situation we have to live in with my mum. She's trying to find a way out of here I doubt she will be living here for much longer. Thing is she can she has a job I don't work because of my sa issues I don't think I'm ready for a job just yet. So its like I have no choice and I'm trapped here or am I? I don't no what's available out there I'm on employment and support allowance I only get £50 a week. Just trying to find a way out I can't cope with this anymore I feel like its makin me even more ill.

Square_Eyes

Sounds like you're dealing with some pretty extreme circumstances. Is your mum receiving any sort of professional help for her illness or drinking? It seems that both you and your mother are struggling with life in one way or another so maybe you could use that common ground in order to connect further and support each other.

PrettyBoy

Sounds like you're dealing with some pretty extreme circumstances. Is your mum receiving any sort of professional help for her illness or drinking? It seems that both you and your mother are struggling with life in one way or another so maybe you could use that common ground in order to connect further and support each other.

She's on medication and seeing a nurse who visits sometimes. As far as the drinking goes she doesn't want help with it she's give up on life which is why its extra stressful for me. I can't stand to be around her I don't like her she causes me too much stress and makes my problems a lot more serious then they have to be. Over time I've realized the only solution is ot get away from her I'm just trying to find a way.

Yeah man I feel you. Mom my is almost just like that. She does not drink but always thinks she has some sickness and wants new pills for it. She is a mess.
I am still living with my folks and I am a few years older then you. I almost cannot stand
my mom anymore. It just brings me down I come back home to a shitty dirty house a mom who does not care and does not really take care of herself.

My old man is an ass. When my mom was really bad of he would leave me with
her to go out of the country to work.

The only advice I can give you is to get some good friends and try not to stay so much
at home because it will all affect you in the long run.
What would be great would be if you could get an understanding supportive girlfriend.
That is my belief anyway...

Last edited:

PrettyBoy

Sorry to hear it mate I wouldn't wish this shit on anyone. I'm trying to make new friends but don't go out much but I'm thinking about having a go at working so could meet some there if my SA doesn't get in the way. As for a girl I was with one for four years and thought she cared but she didn't she left me and at a difficult time as well (she was an ass). It will be hard to meet a girl who understands but not impossible so just got to stay hopeful I think. I'll have to start getting out a bit more before it's too late.