Still Blushing

doesit

Its funny enough i was browsing through forums on internet and in one forum i found a post by a guy,which was written some time in 2006,and it made me laugh sort of sarcastic laugh how he described his blushing because,it would be the reality how i would feel most of my days,now enjoy reading this ;)

Blushing blushing blushing,

Let me just get one important point across, to those who dont suffer with the problem. When we talk about our blushing problem we are not talking about the odd redener when you trip walking down the street or you drop your tray in McDonalds and every head in the restaurant turns to see who the clown is. Its a hell of a lot deeper than that.

It is a constant fear that is on your mind from the time you wake up in the morning to the time you lay down at night. Every aspect of your life has to planned around the possibility of breaking out into a blushing episode. Its more like a skin condition for me. Its not something that last a minute and disappears,

When it happens to me it usually begins when i enter a social setting,ie. a pub or restaurant where there is likely to be a gathering of ppl. The butterflies in my stomach get worse and worse my heart starts to beat faster and the worry of will it or wont it happen tonight. 9 times out of 10 it usually does. Its almost like a switch inside your brain.

The butterflies get worse the thoughts start to race out of control,"its gonna happen its gonna happen" once the vicious cycle starts its impossible to unwind out of it. If you leave the place you may be seen as ignorant or not very sociable if you stay your face is gonna be like a f@*king tomato for at least 2 hours,in my case any way.

Personally my face will get hotter and hotter,my cheeks get redder and redder I can feel every heart beat throbbing into my face, you just know deep down that you are like tomato. Its a horrible uncomfortable sinking sensation,you just wanna leave the place and crawl under a rock and die.

Then someone will spot it, thats when the smart comments begin and make the whole situation 10 time worse. Someone will say, "hey did you get sun burnt how did that happen its the middle of winter" then everyone at the table will look and say something like" omg are you ok you look very flushed" or " has someone embarrassed you your face is extremely red"

Then you get the urge to make your way to the gents to see for yourself just how red your face is. Although deep down you can feel it and know how bad it is you just need to see for yourself. The redness usually lasts about 2 hours with me but it feels like 2 days. You try to make an excuse to leave but at this stage have used them all before so you just sit there feeling like the biggest plonker on the planet afraid to look ppl in the eye trying to stay as quiet as possible so as not to attract any attention although the red glow coming from your face is enough to attract the attention of the whole room.

Just a typical night out in a blushers world. I could ramble on for a lot longer this is only the first 10 minutes I have described.

hidwell

I think most people who blush a lot have a skin condition called Rosacea, this facial redness can be brought on by entering a heated room, eating spicy food, drinking alcohol, exposure to the sun and physical exercise. It is very common with people who have Northern European heritage.

doesit

I think most people who blush a lot have a skin condition called Rosacea, this facial redness can be brought on by entering a heated room, eating spicy food, drinking alcohol, exposure to the sun and physical exercise. It is very common with people who have Northern European heritage.

yeah and anxiety is caused by high blood pressure ;) people with rosacea suffer from fairly young age and its easily distinguished by the symptoms,and social factor isnt the one,anyway its serious and in some cases very severe condition aswell.

masterm1nd

I've figured out 2 techniques that I think are very useful in overcoming blushing. I don't think anybody knows about these techniques; not even therapists or psychologists. The techniques I develop is pretty simple and I am confident it would work for most people. I've tested it a few times during some social situations and it is pretty effective, but it's like a skill, you have to keep using it to get better at it. I'm still testing it out and I have a great opportunity to test it out soon as I have a presentation coming up. I am a frequent blusher myself and I know how presentations can trigger severe facial blushing. If anyone's interested, pm me and I will keep you updated.