Sticking with meditation

Thelema

How do you stick with it?! I've been trying on and off for a long time. I do it for 10 or 15 minutes a day for a week or so, always telling myself that this is the time I'm going to stick with it...and after a week I come up with all sorts of bs excuses and stop. It's not even that it's unpleasant, it isn't. I convince myself that I always have something better to do (like watch tv or something stupid like that)

Any tips on doing it long term?

alana

dont listen to those thoughts. Think of it as brushing your teeth... its something you gotta do or else your teeth will start to rot. or like putting pants on before you leave the house.. heh

Thelema

alana said:
dont listen to those thoughts. Think of it as brushing your teeth... its something you gotta do or else your teeth will start to rot. or like putting pants on before you leave the house.. heh

Do you meditate every day?

bitingthepea

hey
iv started doing that aswell an i got into the 'guardian angel' business but ever since i did that nothing is goin my way ! so i soon stopped

anyway yeah =] nice music, in th dark with th fire on works for me

seriously takes me ages to clear my mind tho so i can spend like half hour jus sittin ther tryin to clear my head

elusive_x

yoga has been helping me-- though ive only been doign it for a few weeks...
instead of sitting there trying to clear your mind yoga is an exercise that helps you focus---
after all of the movements you are then in a place to sit down and try to focus.....

there are some free yoga classes in the morning on TV-- Wai Lana at 5:00am on WNED---

so far ive seen improvement--- a little at a time =)