Starting a business-scared!

lonely_world

I'm wanting to start my own errand service business, because I like helping others and it would give me just a little socialization, but not too much. But I will have to go to people's houses and now that i'm getting closer to getting customers, i'm freaking out. It would be a great opportunity for me to meet people, but now i'm worried that it won't work out because I will become too shy, anxious around the people. Then ofcourse I am always terrified of what they will think of me. I hate this!

jamie99

I had a business where i had to meet new people almost everyday. I had
the same fears as you but it was the best thing that ever happened to me. Unfortunately it all fell apart for many different reasons, (nothing to do with SA) You become more confident and it gets really easy after awhile.

Good Luck! And let us know how it goes.

MrDooBee

I think what your doing is really great, im sure you will do really well at it :) .

Just provide a great service and be kind to people and you cant go wrong is my opinion.

danstelter

LOL, that is hard, but you are taking a great step in conquering anxiety. I have done similar work very recently. Yeah, they might see that you are a little anxious, but in most cases, people will just be happy that you are willing to take the time out of your day to run errands for them. Keep in mind, there will be a few nut jobs out there who may get really upset with you for no reason, but don't take it personally because you'll realize a lot of things are not right with these people's lives and that they are just taking out their frustration on you. You are taking a risk, and that is a great thing to do because it means you are engaging in the process of life. I hope it works out for you, and if it doesn't, just remember that something else will!