Staring problem can't seem to shake it

adriang2009

Hello everyone, I am new to these forums. Firstly, I would like to say my name is Adrian Gonzalez and I am 19 years old. I had considered myself a normal person all throughout my childhood, albeit a bit quiet, something that i have been since my baby years. I have always been reserved, but it is only fairly recently that i became consciously aware that i had an issue. My problem is that i always stare at people unintentionally, I tell myself to stop, but i just can't seem to do it. It was about my second year in high school that i found myself having awkward stares with friends and such..Now it has become very uncomfortable for me, I try to stay away from people because i don't want to make them feel uncomfortable and also myself. I don't have too much trouble communicating with people, i am actually quite a funny person and girls find me attractive. But it is hard to socialize normally because i will stare at anyone that is in my field of view and in wierd things such as: when the TV screen is dark,mirrors,car paint,basically anything that will reflect a person's image i will stare at it..It is not like i turn my head to stare or anything, my eyes just drift away and some social events i feel miserable..I just don't know what to do, i have not told anyone because then i would admit to them that i do stare, and they would probably admit that they were aware which would make me feel bad. Well hopefully i am not the only one that does this..and would it be considered SA or maybe an OCD?..you can message me at [email protected] or here i guess! Thanks all