Stamp Collecting

Horatio

Does anyone here collect stamps? I was a crazy stamp collector as a kid but havent for quite some years besides old envelopes preferably with letters in them and beautiful old handwriting

Im thinking about getting back into stamp collecting because Im going to need some active hobbies for when Im a lonely old man living by himself at age 60.

I might as well get a head start now

LA-girl

Hey you did it! Started this thread that is!! :lol:

Yeah, I actually had a period of time where I collected stamps due to hard pressure from my cousin who was a stampomaniac himself! So I figured; why not?

It also has to be said that this cousin of mine also manipulated me into playing with dinosaurs and He-man... (Well, then again I made him play with Barbies *cough*)

Anyway, I gave up the "hobby" many years ago, but I still have my albums... :wink:

Horatio

LA-girl said:
Anyway, I gave up the "hobby" many years ago, but I still have my albums... :wink:

you should have a look through them, you never know, you might have some valuable ones in there!

I dug mine out a few years back, then remembered something I had bought when I was 7 or 8 years old and sure enough it was still there.. the Penny Black... the worlds oldest stamp!

I dont collect stamps anymore but I do still buy old letters and envelopes and postcards, they are so pretty, the old fashioned writing, wax seals, messy ink, hand coloured photos etc *sighs*

today I bought a letter sent to a place just down the road from me, it was sent from London in 1917 and talked all about a German Air Raid

*swoons*

LA-girl

you should have a look through them, you never know, you might have some valuable ones in there!
He he, I highly doubt it. I guess I said albums, but I must admit it's more like one album...so I guess I never really had the real passion for it...

I dug mine out a few years back, then remembered something I had bought when I was 7 or 8 years old and sure enough it was still there.. the Penny Black... the worlds oldest stamp!
Wow! Really? Maybe I should search through my album as well! :wink:

I dont collect stamps anymore but I do still buy old letters and envelopes and postcards, they are so pretty, the old fashioned writing, wax seals, messy ink, hand coloured photos etc *sighs*

Yes, there certainly is a charm in antique stuff. (Ooo..bad choice of word, but the best I could come up with at the moment :roll: ) I don't know why, but I get this good chill when I watch old fashioned movies. I also remember how my grand-dad used wax-seals on envelopes and ink when he wrote letters. It definately has its charm! :D

young

I'm not much of a collecter. I never really thought about saving things for one day selling them. When I was a kid and got toys. I played with them right then and there. I wasn't going to just look at it, and let it maybe one day turn into money.

Septor

I used to collect stamps as a kid.I don't even remember what happen to the them.It's always good to find your self a hobby to keep your self busy. :D