St. Patricks Day

scatmantom

Ok Ive organised for 3 friends of mine to come and stay in my house for st.patricks day weekend. They hav all taken time off work and planned this weekend so there is no getting out of it. If I dont let anxiety consume me I will have a great weekend. Trouble is, if anxiety does take over im a bit fucked. These people will be in my house, so if im at home throwing up because they are there, its gonna be hard to explain.

I had the same feelins 2 months ago when 1 friend came to stay....but after an hour of them arriving i was fine and we had a good time.

Why doesnt my brain register past success? Why do I have to go through social experiences again and again b4 im able to do it stress/anxiety free. All this week ive not slept or eaten properly anticipating something happening just over a week away. Even if i have a great weekend this bullshit 2 week anxiety b4 it happens isnt worth the bother.

IceLad

Its very difficult not to chronically worry about things days in advance. I remember worrrying about my Graduation Day weeks and weeks in advance. I really didn't want to go, but it ended up being one of the best days of my life.

I would try and distract your mind in any way you can e.g. hobbies. Your brain might not be registering your past sucesses because you're interepreting them as flukes.

Exercise is supposed to be very good for combating anticipatory anxiety as well.

Have a good day!

8)

Chilling__Echo

about registering past success, i'm completely with you on that one man. no matter what change happens in my life, if i don't knoww what's going to happen or something like that, i assume that my life is ending adn it's going to be horrible, and just be so pessimistic over it... i'm going through that now.

scatmantom

well the day is getting closer. Ive spent Far too much time thinking about it. Its not so bad when im at work, but its my free time that my mind wonders off. Ive got horrible thoughts of me getting sick and passing out when they are here, and I will hav to go to hospital and the weekend will be ruined. Because my general anxiety levels are up, Im worrying about all kinds of shit, things that dont bother a "normal" person.

Still, if i can keep busy, practice my breathing and prepare as best I can, Im sure ill get thru it.

Septor

I think the mind become train over period of time to worry about what could be.Especial when there is the unknown involve .Classic symptom of sa.I know I feel like that a lot of the time when I do something and even if it works out fine im still anxiety about even when I do it a nuther time,even if i should know better.

I agree with iceland try not to dwell on what's coming up.Do something to keep your mind off of it.I know easier said then done.