SSRIs and alcohol

Hastur

Just wondering as to everyone's experience drinking while taking SSRIs, should I avoid it entirely, etc.

Chilling__Echo

i'm not sure what an SSRI is, is that all anti-depressants?

i've drank while taking Paxil, but not enough to get drunk or anything so i'm not sure...

young

you shouldn't drink while on any medication. the meds can have severe side effects while drinking. drinking could also intensify the meds and vice versa...

young

i'm an expert user... i'm an expert user!

*runs around naked*

THIS HOUSE IS FREAKIN SWEEEEEET!

silverwolf

when i took alcohol while on ssri's I became extremely depressed. Do not drink while u are on the medication.

SilentType

Banned
Disregard the post about avoiding drinking alcohol with any medication, as that is far from the truth. However, drinking alcohol with SSRIs like Paxil, Zoloft, Prozac, etc. is probably a bad idea.

I would like to add that if you are on any antidepressants, why would you even want to drink alcohol at all? Alcohol acts on the central nervous system as a depressant. Why the hell would you want to be taking a depressant and an antidepressant at the same time? It makes absolutely no sense...

Peace

MelissaQu

Sounds like some of you overdid it! I don't drink much, and when I was on an SSRI I never had a problem. I guess everything in moderation.