Spouse vs. Career, Round 1

JonnyD

Lol! sorry if you didn't meant to be fun, but the dress part was fun :)

I guess the first thing of all is loving yourself, thanks god i've found out it before trying anything, or maybe i'll find myself in those stupid relatioships full of emotion blackmail and cheating...

:roll: not that i hope i'll always find a relationship , it's just a general thinkerer :roll:

Dave_McFadden

Riiya said:
I just realized that although I've always pictured myself as being married in the distant "someday," I don't think marriage is for me at all. Good thing I came to this realization before I bothered putting myself out there. Now I'll just get a refund for my slutty dress and uncondition myself from thinking salad is real food.

Salad can be real food if you put steak and bacon bits on top of it.

So what's the "career" part? You didn't mention that.

Dave_McFadden

Riiya said:
I can't dedicate myself to both my spouse-to-be and my job and not die from exhaustion. I'm not especially ambitious about my "career" like some crazy type-A workaholics out there, but I do have mouths to feed.

Wow, are you the sole "breadwinner" in your family now?? Don't you have any (gainfully employed) siblings who can help out, or are at least responsible for a share of the costs??

Besides, if you're female, and you have older relatives, aren't at least SOME of them asking you when you're going to get a boyfriend/husband etc.? I mean, you would think that at the very least, they would be understanding, maybe even accommodating, to the idea that you would need to share some of your time/money/other resources with potential or actual mates?

Riiya said:
The only way I can afford to have a husband is if he's willing to pay for all of our expenses (house, cars, insurance, etc.)... while all the money I earn goes to support my old family. Methinks while he may agree to this in the beginning this will eventually lead to a divorce. It's not like I'm cute or hot enough to make this kind of demands in the first place.

For something like this, "cute" or "hot" will only go so far. I don't know how good that news is, but at least in a case like this, looks probably don't matter a whole lot.

Riiya said:
The only way I can afford to have a husband is if he's willing to pay for all of our expenses (house, cars, insurance, etc.)... while all the money I earn goes to support my old family. Methinks while he may agree to this in the beginning this will eventually lead to a divorce.

Well it is the traditional arrangement for the husband to earn the money, so it's hardly radical. If he's making gobs of money, he won't even miss your pittance. Marry rich. :p

I don't think you can pre-judge this kind of thing. It might or might not happen someday, you can evaluate the prospects when the choice arises... just concentrate on the present for now.

Try a chicken caesar salad. That's real food.