Sometimes, someone gets it right....

Scooter

I had the weirdest day. I took my son (he has aspergers & ADHD) to see his behaviour therapist today, I related all the normal school, sibling, behaviour issues and then she asked me how I was doing. I diverted to another topic but she persisted and eventually I burst into sobs and gushed all the crap that's been in my head lately & all the stress that's been making it worse. Even though she doesnt really understand SA she was so kind & patient and it was such a huge relief to verbalise some of the crap that's been driving me mental.
It's not often that people notice when you're struggling and for the first time ever, someone asked the right question at the right time and then just let me vent without adding their opinion, judgement or condescension. By tomorrow I will have deconstructed every word that was said and used each one to beat myself into a bloody pulp, but until then, I feel like a weight's been lifted and I'm so grateful that occasionally we come across these people.
Cheers to my son's behaviour therapist, and here's hoping we all get these encounters from time to time