Sometimes it doesn't even make sense

HexNoir

Holy fucking shit. Talk about progress... My theory worked! I just landed the job at my first interview ever! And believe me, I'm the kind of anxious that twitches and stutters... yet today, with my new mindset I was totally and 100% relaxed. And on top of it all, I had consumed a shitload of caffeine on close to no sleep... which would normally send me into a downward spiral. But not today. Something actually worked for me. This rules!!

Even if you don't think it could work for you... try it. I put my analytical mind to use by finding out exactly what I'm afraid of in social situations. It might sound ridiculous, but I've had this terrible fear of people thinking I'm stupid... but since I never pinpointed it before, or even knew why the hell I was paranoid of people 'finding me out', nothing changed. I finally know what I'm afraid of - people thinking of me as stupid.

Now I just enter the situation like I don't care. Now I feel like I can finally open up to people! So what if I'm a tard, right? Weather or weather not I am, I can identify with it and it doesn't control me anymore. Besides, now I feel like I can actually open up... and I've never ever felt this way in my entire life before today.

Sweet!

dqueen

Sounds interesting, think I will give it a try. Hopefully this strategy can also help to minimize the extreme fear that I have of authority figures.