Something weird happened

Richey

I was outside mowing the front lawn because it was becoming a forest "laughs" and these two gorgeous girls walked passed me and started laughing at me, one of the girls had her hand over her mouth and started giggling, so i just kept mowing as if nothing happened, i looked alright, i was wearing normal clothes, i dont understand why they did that, and it really upset me later that day, its like my worst nightmare to walk into a shop or a go to a public venue and people point and laugh at you, im not ugly at all, i dont understand.

GIOLANDA

Hey,Richey,if we watched carefully all the reactions of others,we would have gone mad! I know how you feel,I used to count a lot on what they said or did and that made me depress. But now I've changed and I don't care. When I see people like that,I just think that they are not better than me and that they could be crazy or something,as they stare at me. So,ignore them!

Septor

I feel for you Richey.If that happen to me I would be thinking about it all day.I have had that happen to me before and they was not laughing at me because they was thinking something positive about me but there no way of knowing what they was thinking in your case so it's best if you just try and forget about it.

yeah....trust me...the girls that were laughing at you probly wernt making any personal comment about you. im a teenage girl...and i know these things lol. they were probly just laughing at random stuff. dont take it personally at all.

Mary

I agree w/elaine, maybe it is the exact opposite of what you are thinking, maybe they thought you were cute and liked you! Or maybe they were laughing because the grass was so big and you were just barely cutting it?
But as a female, I can tell you girls laugh at a lot of stuff and it's not allways bad, especially if it is about a guy they like, I have done that w/my friends before. We have been walking (when I was younger and single) and run into a guy one of us liked and the other one makes comments, like: "theres your boyfriend..." or just being silly trying to embarrass ea. other, (not the guy) so maybe that is what happened.

brownbag

Richey said:
I was outside mowing the front lawn because it was becoming a forest "laughs" and these two gorgeous girls walked passed me and started laughing at me, one of the girls had her hand over her mouth and started giggling, so i just kept mowing as if nothing happened, i looked alright, i was wearing normal clothes, i dont understand why they did that, and it really upset me later that day, its like my worst nightmare to walk into a shop or a go to a public venue and people point and laugh at you, im not ugly at all, i dont understand.

lol

i think u yourself kind of stated the obvious why they were laughing.

your front lawn is a FOREST. lol.

hmm and they were probly laughing.. thinking.. "this poor guy has to clear the FOREST in his front lawn, and it's probly going to take him hours to clear all that grass and weeds etc.."
i don't think it was anything to do with you or what you were wearing.really.

Cheers!

IceLad

Sounds to me that they quite liked the look of you.

I know where you are coming from with your reaction however. I only have to hear someone laughing in town, and I immediately want to turn around to see whether I'm the subject of people's fun.

With SP, its very hard to believe that maybe, just maybe, we may be attractive and likeable to others.

exuser01

"I just have to tell someone!"

Clever way of gloating, Richey. :wink:

Girls have taken pictures of me with their camera phones but I'm not gonna pretend not to know what that means.

worrydoll said:
lol yeah as a chick i can well imagine what they were saying and it wasnt negative. hehe. its just guys mowing lawns...its like...a chick doing yoga on the beach...you just..its like..we cant help it. 8O

Yea, gas powered hedgeclipping is hot too. hubba hubba!

spikefan777

Richey said:
It's probably nothing to be concerned about. :) If you didn't know them, it's probably nothing personal.

Just the other day I noticed that one of my neighbors was in his front yard waiting for the mail man. I don't know what I found so interesting about him, but I decided to point at him to show my brother that he was across the street from us. Just then my neighbor looked up and saw me pointing at him! It was totally embarssing, but I burst out laughing and couldn't stop the entire time we were out there! He looked pretty offended and I tried my best not to look his way. :oops:

thoughtless said:
Maybe you got a kitty stuck in the lawn-mower by accident.

OMG that is sick and twisted! :roll: ...why not a puppy?

Clash

Richey said:

You should have beat their ass.

easy

Richey said:

Hey Richey,
I just wanted to say something that can really help with overcoming SA: you say it's your worst nightmare to get laughed at in public.
Now you got laughed at. Was it like your worst nightmare? Or was it just like any other moment. Did it hurt, physically? Did you feel horrible afterwards?
Sure, you felt weird afterwards BUT YOUR "WORST NIGHTMARE" DIDN'T HAPPEN. Nothing bad happened. The only thing that happened was that girls laughed. Nothing more. Think about that please. :)

The feared, the nightmare, is in your head. It can't happen for real.