Something easy you can do to help yourself

lily

newshyguy said:
jinxed,
talking to you about this is like talking to a brick wall,
you just dont get it,
when are you gona get it?? when you do some walking instead of talking
you haven't understood or noticed what I was talking about either, I said I already tried a lot previously but it didn't work!

jt said:
bill gates was boring and is the richest guy in the world, what makes boring bad?
usually ppl would much rather be interesting and attract others than to be boring and rich.

Last edited:

Falcon

post deleted
No, it's not obvious it's not going to work. That's because it works quite well. Again, you nave nothing to lose. I didn't, I tried it, and now I'm a ton happier.

Anyway, I'm about done here - for someone to improve, they have to want to improve, and that's fine, but if you learn one thing from this thread please let it be that you're CHOOSING not to improve. You have a CHOICE :)

lily

Falcon, I'm glad it worked for you and I will not choose not to improve of course.

pitkreet

jinxed said:
Pitkreet- You're right not to do nothing and continue, a very good point but I also thought that if you realize a certain way doesn't work for you, you usually wouldn't keep trying that. I agree that if you at least improve when you've tried that way, there's a reason to do it more and more b/c it seems like you can get to your goal.

If something is not working, then see if you can work out why it's not working. Perhaps the reason it's not working is because your approach needs fine tuning or even significantly altered.

Perhaps your underlying attitude is too negative, which brings us back to Falcon's original point about reframing everything with a positive slant, albeit that it might seem a bit "false" initially. The more you focus on negativety, the less likely you are to improve. You get what you focus on.

Analyse yourself and find those things that make you feel the worst about yourself, then try to reframe these in the way Falcon has described. Then look for those positive things about yourself which make you feel more self confident (and no self pitying here!! none of this "I'm rubbish at everything" attitude). Then, keep reminding yourself of those positive things and reframing the negative things. Keep doing it, all the time!!