Someone who knows about auto claims?

dxp

Sorry to post this here. I feel like I have to tell someone.

I was in a at fault accident in may of 2014 nearly 2 1/2 years ago. It was a moderate fender bender. My insurance paid 2000 for body damage on the company truck I hit. The driver of the truck tried to claim bodily injury after he seemed fine after the accident with a lawyer. I didn't even know about the body injury claim until 6 months after the accident when i thought it was taken care off. I changed my insurance 5 months ago and at the time the new insurance told me the figures for the accident in 2014 about 2000 for body damage and 0 for medical expenses implying the driver was a liar otherwise why didn't he get the slightest payout for his medical bills even an x-ray or doctor visit. I was pissed finding out it was just a fraud because I kind of believed it was real back then and was so angry to find out he was just trying to defraud me. Plus I don't want a huge false medical payout on my insurance record.

I just got a call fricking today 1 1/2 years since i learned about the bodily claim and 2 1/2 years after the accident from gecico asking if I had any addition insurance at the time of the accident. I don't think gecio had anything to do with the first accident. The insurance that called me about the accident when it first happened was called hanover.

He already failed to get anything out progressive too begin with not a dime.
Now it seems he is coming at progressive and me with a second company claim about the same accident years after the fact.

Can you do that? Can two insurance companies file a claim for the same accident? He already lost his case and was paid 0 from progressive and it's pissing me off so much that he trying again with a second insurance company! I think he is a loser just grasping at straws.

The only thing I can think off is that hanover was the insurance on the company truck and geico is the drivers personal insurance. But that makes no sense either. If geico was the insurance at the time of the crash then they already failed to get any money out of progessive. If they weren't his insurance at the time then they have no buisness trying to handle this claim as the have nothing to do with it.

Last edited: