Someone tells you that they just want to be friends

Quixote

LA-girl said:
Being rejected must be terrible

Never tried? Yes, it kind of sucks :lol:

LA-girl said:
I mean how can I enjoy feeling loved by another person when I know how much it pains him that I can not return his feelings?

Political correctness is a sure sign of civilization, but an excessive amount of it usually kills discussion.. ;)

LA-girl

Quixote said:
Political correctness is a sure sign of civilization, but an excessive amount of it usually kills discussion.. ;)

Hmm...yeah that's a thought! Maybe I should go back and replace my comments to speed up this discussion...after all that is obviously much more important than being honest... :)

Quixote

LA-girl said:
Quixote said:

Hmm...yeah that's a thought! Maybe I should go back and replace my comments to speed up this discussion...after all that is obviously much more important than being honest... :)

Which is again a truly politically correct thing to say.. :) but honest? ;)

LA-girl

Quixote said:
Which is again a truly politically correct thing to say.. :) but honest? ;)

This is obviously very hard for you to swallow eh? I'm not sure how many posts it would take me for you to even start to believe me. And I am not sure it would make the "discussion" any more interesting either...But I have to say it is equally hard for me to swallow that you find it so hard to believe... :roll: :)

FlirtyandDirty

Nearly 15 yrs ago, a friend of mine told me that he liked me more thna a firend. I toild him then that it could never be more than a friendship, and although he has told me often that he loves me, we were able to remain friends.

Last year, I told a friend I met online that I had feelings for him. He said he didn't feel the same way and I had to decide if I could still be his friend. I couldn't and we didn't talk for 10days. In that time, I realised that I needed him in my life and that being his friend and having him there was better than not. He however, realised that he loved me and we were fortunate enough to be able to share these feelings, and we have been together for 10months. I guess what I am trying to say is I have seen it from both sides and neither feels good to be honest, but it is always best to lay your cards on the table and tell the truth about how you feel. If the other person still wants to be friends, then all well and good. I guess it comes down to what that person wants.

ShiJai

It's been some years since I last dated. But I remember when a guy broke up with me and asked to remain friends, I asked for time. I needed to sort out my feelings before I could deal with his.

LA-girl.
I understand what you're saying. When the situation was reversed, I cried more than the guys. I felt like the biggest bitch out for hurting them. The only time I haven't felt guilty is when a guy wont take no for an answer.
I don't believe I could remain good/close friends with someone if they were in love with me and I didn't feel the same.
I would feel too uncomfortable and self-concious.
I would need to know that they were okay with being just friends.

The're some things I miss by remaining single, and there are some things I most definetly don't.

ShiJai. :p

LA-girl

netty73 said:
Hello LA Girl its Roadienet if thats you from wwe site.
Nope, sorry! I am not aware of any wwe-site... Guess there must be two...or probably dozens of "us" when i think about it... :? Maybe I should announce an "LA-girl gathering" where most likely I would be the only person not living there. 8)

And to Shi Jai: Thank you for understanding! :)

red_reagel

I haven't told my crush that I liked him yet, but by examining how he acts around me I'm guessing he just wants to be friends. It totally sux too! he's the only boy in a long time who's actually interested in talking to me, and he's just too polite he sits with me even when I didnt sit next to him. But if he did share my feelings I'd probably faint of happiness.

Cause you know, how many times in a lifetime have you've had your crush feel the same way about you? people might tell you you're pretty or you're handsome, or you're fun, or funny, etc.. but sometimes maybe that person doesn't get any spark out of you. No romance whatsoever.

BrokenSmile

FlirtyandDirty said:
Nearly 15 yrs ago, a friend of mine told me that he liked me more thna a firend. I toild him then that it could never be more than a friendship, and although he has told me often that he loves me, we were able to remain friends.

Last year, I told a friend I met online that I had feelings for him. He said he didn't feel the same way and I had to decide if I could still be his friend. I couldn't and we didn't talk for 10days. In that time, I realised that I needed him in my life and that being his friend and having him there was better than not. He however, realised that he loved me and we were fortunate enough to be able to share these feelings, and we have been together for 10months. I guess what I am trying to say is I have seen it from both sides and neither feels good to be honest, but it is always best to lay your cards on the table and tell the truth about how you feel. If the other person still wants to be friends, then all well and good. I guess it comes down to what that person wants.

Now you are still good friends???

BrokenSmile

I can be just a friend with my crush but just if we both are single. I can't imagine beeing a good friend with the boy that i love if he has a girlfriend. :?

BrokenSmile said:
I can be just a friend with my crush but just if we both are single. I can't imagine beeing a good friend with the boy that i love if he has a girlfriend. :?
I have that same problem.
My first person I was crazy about, when she said lets just be friends, at very fist I didn't want to even think about it. She didn't hear from me for over 4 months, but when she did we continued to be friends.
It was going alright for a while, when we each had problems we would talk with each other about it.
The only problem was when she had a boyfriend then I was uneasy. However whenever she had a new boyfriend, I would eventually find out that they were not too keen on me being friends with her. This girl lived next door so even my mom would tell me to stop talking to her everytime I came home because her boyfriends wouldn't like it.
So one day me and my mom had this major argument about something else and I took it as an opportunity to leave and never comeback. That meant I wouldn't be able to meet my friend anymore.
I haven't seen or talked to her for some years now but I do hear about her from my other friends. If she didn't have a boyfriend then I still would keep in contact like friends would.

Then there's the girl I'm crazy about now, as far as I know she doesn't have a boyfriend and we haven't had the "let's just be friends" talk yet, but I know if she finds someone then I'm going to hear from her less and I'll probably want to stop communicating with her. I find it hard to be able to 'behave' in the way that I do now if she was involved with someone else.