Someone tell me I'm crazy, please!!

blahh

I'm a pretty rational person. When I think about the fact that I have to turn on my light ten million times before I go to bed (because something terrible will happen if I don't) I realize that this is irrational. But some tiny part of me thinks these compeltely crazy thoughts like: fate is uncontrollable, but what if certain people are born that are able to manipulate it through ocd, and they just get labeled as having a chemical imbalance. Like what if, by turning the lights on and off, I really AM repelling negative energy, and keeping bad things from happening. Some tiny part of me believe that somehow the universe is giving me glimpses into the future, of negative things that could happen, and by carrying out actions, I am preventing them.

I wish someone would just shake me and say "that is complete bullshit" because it is. I just can't convince myself completely and it's causing OCD to take over my life. Does anyone else have thoughts like mine?? How do you deal with them?? I am so sick of this!!!!!!!!!!!!

tommydog

look blah, your right it is complete bullshit. positive and negative energy is real, but you cant control it by switching the damn lights on and off :lol:

carrying out actions can prevent negative things from happening though, so dont let go of that idea.

put it this way if your not crazy yet you soon will be if you keep doing that :lol:

im laughing all in fun, not at you, you know that right ?

rado31

By using switch like that you are producing self-inducted electro magnetic field in a circuit.

jellybean

did you ever try testing to see if something bad did happen? why dont you try not doing it, when nothing bad happens say to yourself well there is proof nothing bad happens when I ignore these compulsions

L

Lena01258

You're not crazy youre OCD. bud, i have the same types of things, not to the T but almost the same
we both know somthing bad isn't going to happen, but we cant take the chance right, inside theres that neeking thought of what could happen and we just have to do it.
trust me I know.
I guess try testing it, but i've treid and its realllly hard.
Are you seeing a phychiatrist?