Some questions on natural remedies

aubrey

I used to take Paxil and Effexor XR (not at the same time though, obviously), but the withdrawal symptoms were too strong and I didn't like the idea of being addicted so I went off them. I've been off for a few months, but to be honest, I've been doing worse now than ever. I'm supposed to start college at the end of the month and the idea of going makes me intensely sick.

I realize now that at the moment I don't have a lot of options and I do need help. The idea of taking something natural as opposed to manmade really appeals to me, so I wanted to ask if any of you take something natural, or have taken, or know something about, and could provide me with some information. I've heard of St John's Wort, Amoryn, and Rescue Remedy - are there any others that are effective in treating depression and severe social anxiety? And do you know anything about how well those three work?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: I went a little more into detail about my condition here: http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/hypericum/vpost?id=568268 .

IceLad

I used to find taking kava kava in tablet form helped me a lot with my social anxiety, so I wasn't happy when it was banned in the UK as a precautionary measure. Think a few people who took excessively high doses suffered liver damage.

I tried taking St Johns Wort for a good few months, but it didn't make any difference to me.

8)

Angie_05

I started taking valerian about 10 days ago and I feel like my mind has slowed down a lot. I also suffer from general anxiety and I have been feeling more at ease generally.

anneley

About a month ago I stopped using Paxil (hated the side effects... I started gaining weight rappidly) and I started using a natural supplement called Amoryn. Just like the other meds, I'm suppose to feel better in 4-6 weeks or so...

It has been 4 weeks and it has improved my mood in general, and it definitely helped me stop using Paxil with fewer side effects, but I still have my SP symptoms... I will stay on it for another month to see if it really works.

There are other natural remedies Seredyn and Anxietol 7. I have not tried them. All are available on line or on eBay.

I still hope there is hope... :)

tanyamarie

i also seen these pills online i was wondering if the anxietol 7 worked i mean the way that the website was mentioning how perfect it is for anxiety i got tempted.