Solar Eclipse

Yes We Can

I recently saw a solar eclipse on youtube, and I got to thinking, has anyone on this forum ever seen a solar eclipse? If so, how dark did the sky get? was it total, annular, or partial, and what was it like?

coyote

There was a partial eclipse when I was in Junior high - mid 1970's

we made little box thingies to view it with and went outside during class to see it

It didn't really get dark.

I've probably been around for others, but that's the only one I remember watching

Yeah, seen a few partial solar eclipses and it did get noticeably darker. Have also seen a couple of lunar eclipses, the moon turned a copper-red colour and looked very odd.

Yes We Can

There was a partial eclipse when I was in Junior high - mid 1970's

we made little box thingies to view it with and went outside during class to see it

It didn't really get dark.

I've probably been around for others, but that's the only one I remember watching

Wow, very interesting, I wonder if they were anything like the pinhole cameras our science teacher had us make.

Went and searched,looks beautiful.
YouTube - Total Solar Eclipse, Cabo Mexico

Dont think I ever saw one,but for some reason I have always had this memory that I witnessed a solar eclipse when I was little.

Wow, this is great! Thanks for posting.

Yeah, seen a few partial solar eclipses and it did get noticeably darker. Have also seen a couple of lunar eclipses, the moon turned a copper-red colour and looked very odd.

Yeah I also remember a few lunar eclipses, and I did notice how the moon turned reddish-orange color. It was also during a time when the moon was closer to the earth, so the moon appeared considerably larger than normal, which made for great viewing. Did the sky darken like evening time during the solar eclipse?

Last edited: