SoI went to go see a psychologist for the first time today..

lovelove

& she was extremely nice,I was REALLY nervous about going at first, but she seems sweet & I can see myself talking to her about my life in the future.I made this post for people who are scared to see a psychologist, worried about their parents finding out they want to see one,or scared they might sound crazy if they see one.It's going to be ok, just be honest, & don't let social anxiety hold you back.

lettypagb

lol ,they are so scary , i started crying and saying weird stuffs , to the old lady , uhg i never wanna see her again 8)

j_brown2

Banned
Re: SoI went to go see a psychologist for the first time tod

lovelove said:
& she was extremely nice,I was REALLY nervous about going at first, but she seems sweet & I can see myself talking to her about my life in the future.I made this post for people who are scared to see a psychologist, worried about their parents finding out they want to see one,or scared they might sound crazy if they see one.It's going to be ok, just be honest, & don't let social anxiety hold you back.

so whats the plan for the future? to just talk?

i need a psychologist to hold me by my hand when i go out and am around people to protect me, not just talking

miker

Banned
Good for you. I could not do it since I was worried that people I know might see me going in. After a few years with medication I was told that there is a very good online service so I got help.

J_brown... No you don't need someone to hold your hand all the time, you need to want to get better, take the first step and get help, the rest will follow.