society is full of assholes

no1

Banned
I'm tired of society thinking that it's OK to insult people who have problems or who seem depressed.

They ACTUALLY think it helps them to make them feel stupid.

They don't give ANY practical advice but to call them stupid, bitches, pussies, etc.

Anyone who has social anxiety.

Anyone who has any mental problems.

Anyone.

They demoralize them they insult them. only bring them more and more down. Make them out to be insane.

and people actually believe in this shit and breed MORE and MORE assholes.

and they talk about US being negative.

Last edited:

no1

Banned
and when someone calls them out on this they are considered rude/selfish and amoral, and insane.

****ing hypocrites.

Last edited:

zlench

They think anybody with mental disorders just needs to be kept locked away and never been seen again.

Assholes

Queen_Of_Pain

I totally understand. Unfortunatly I live with someone who shares the opinion that having a mental problem makes you "weak" or "nuts". Honestly, I've been in so many verbal fights with people who share that fked up mind set that I thought it would push me over the edge.

A guy who was my age died of depression the other week from an overdose, he was depressed and having problems with his parents. Said person who I live with said he was glad the guy was dead. I could have ripped his head off in anger.
I think people who judge others in that way are the ones who need help. Or shooting.

And the only logical reason I could think of fo those assholes to even talk about someone who is mentally unwell is probably due to the fact that they have no fking idea how it feels to be on an emotional knife edge.

*calms down*

Last edited:

klytus

Most people don't understand problems they have never had the misfortune to have to deal with.

I, personally, am yet to see people who actually hunt down mentally unhealthy individuals and make them more miserable than they already are. That's not too common. Most people will try to sympathize - eventually they fail at it, but that's not the point here - and help. And it's not too illogical to think that a person with SA 'must get out' , 'must force him-/herself to interact with people' or 'must grow some serious balls'. Those are, albeit worded less professionally, the tenets of certain therapy methods. It is quite clear, too, that a social phobe will be seen as 'stupid', 'weak', 'weird', 'bitchy', 'mean', 'aloof', and even 'arrogant', to those who are unaware of (the severity of) his/her problems. Just like love-shy men are seen as 'gay' or 'asexual' - but mostly 'gay' because it's more fun - for their lack of (overtly sexual) interactions with women.

Moreover, there is a social hierarchy which penetrates every group. It is ever present. Evidently, even the mentally sick and broken still have the strength to induce a hierarchical structure into the little society of their own.

People who appear 'weak' and don't protect themselves - be it mentally or physically - are the perfect prey for those who degrade others as a means of self-affirmation. Even though I disapprove of such a behaviour, it is clear to me that they have problems and are, most likely, just victims themselves.

As far as mentally healthy people are concerned, it is likely that their behaviour comes down to mental self-protection. It is depressing to be around depressed, anxious people who constantly flaunt their problems in the hope that someone will understand and help. Many people aren't sufficiently altruistic/selfless to put their mental health at stake for others'. Most, however, will at least try to help - likely without avail, but that, again, isn't the point - and listen for a while, I suppose.

Last edited:
Thats why I'm in real life not talking about my problems. I don't think anybody will understand me. I have seen how people are talking about suicided people and there wasn't any understanding. People are rude and selfish. A lot of people are thinking only about themselfs. Nobody wants to solve others problems.
If you show people that you are weak then they will insult you. Never show that you are weak, but easy to say hard to do...

no1

Banned
what's really bad is that most of these people feel it is justified. We are demoralized and demonized.

Yea they may be victims also.

Still some of them show no remorse whatsoever.

klytus

And all of that doesn't make you desirous of some serious change in your life? If it does, why don't you change? You almost seem to like that you have something to complain about.

no1

Banned
And all of that doesn't make you desirous of some serious change in your life? If it does, why don't you change? You almost seem to like that you have something to complain about.

Eh..

I do want to change obviously.

It's just that being so alone, and people always so against you, it's not really easy to just come up with motivation.

People think that you need to hear someone insult you so you can be motivated to succeed but that is really not true. You don't need that. So people should stop pushing this idea on people.

If someone is going through hard times and you are not. he/she appears to be "lower" than you but that is really your own perception. And to call them to act out of hatred or to call them negative, and really despise them, you are only talking down to them. Even if it seems "logical" to you, it really isn't. You cannot change a person by simply referring to them on the same level you think they are (ie lower).

And they will not learn. Yea some people might have the ability to change that negativity into a positive, some people may not. But to expect that everyone to change YOUR negativity into a positive at their own expense is expecting too much from them.

people often if not moreso hardly ever respond positively to a person who is really being negative with them.

Yea.. we may be negative. But those people who claim "holier than thou" because they keep referring to you as nothing, while at the same time are affirming themselves are also being negative themselves, yet they may not see it the same way.

Last edited:

no1

Banned
to act by simply hurling a bunch of insults while not actually giving any practical help thinking he/she is actually going to respond favorably for the most part isn't really going to work, at least in the long run.

I mean, what do you think. a person is going to change if all you show him/her is their own negativity that they are trying to overcome?

do people REALLY help others, or get them to change their ways simply by giving insults?

that's not how it works even though one might only see it that way.

klytus

It's just that being so alone, and people always so against you, it's not really easy to just come up with motivation.
Is it not sufficient a motivation to know that "you are alone and people are against you"? Does that not make you want to fight for your own survival?

If someone is going through hard times and you are not. he/she appears to be "lower" than you but that is really your own perception. And to call them to act out of hatred or to call them negative, and really despise them, you are only talking down to them. Even if it seems "logical" to you, it really isn't. You cannot change a person by simply referring to them on the same level you think they are (ie lower).
There's more to it. The content of a statement is more than the superficial meaning of the words it is made of. -- Have you taken into account the fact that the way people talk with each other does not necessarily reflect the impressions or thoughts they have of each other? That is, while they may appear to insult someone, it is not certain that the insult was meant to degrade the person.

You hold people who look deeply below the surface of a personality in a very high esteem. You want people to be less superficial. Be less superficial and take into account the possibility that you are wrong about people (as a general group). Of course, you are right about some, but those are insignificant.

doesit

Im tired because theres no peace in this world,so ill go on the net and write an article and this will solve everything :confused:
What do you expect from people if they dont have a fckn idea how do you feel,do you want that everyone would treat you like your special or like a child ??now i imagine if you told someone that you are really going through hard time and you need support and help,you would get that.but if you appear angry and fcked up all the time live in your small world then how the hell someone has to know whats on your head.And unless you are willing to live underground you need to adjust to society ruless,because every person have their own problems and you just add yours to them without sorting yourself out.

no1

Banned
Is it not sufficient a motivation to know that "you are alone and people are against you"? Does that not make you want to fight for your own survival?

There's more to it. The content of a statement is more than the superficial meaning of the words it is made of. -- Have you taken into account the fact that the way people talk with each other does not necessarily reflect the impressions or thoughts they have of each other? That is, while they may appear to insult someone, it is not certain that the insult was meant to degrade the person.

You hold people who look deeply below the surface of a personality in a very high esteem. You want people to be less superficial. Be less superficial and take into account the possibility that you are wrong about people (as a general group). Of course, you are right about some, but those are insignificant.

there's no excuse. I have learned to be careful with others, why can't others be the same way?

I know it doesn't seem like I am for some things though, I really don't care I guess, unless I really am wrong. but if I can't see that I am, then I can't.

Last edited:

no1

Banned
Im tired because theres no peace in this world,so ill go on the net and write an article and this will solve everything :confused:
What do you expect from people if they dont have a fckn idea how do you feel,do you want that everyone would treat you like your special or like a child ??now i imagine if you told someone that you are really going through hard time and you need support and help,you would get that.but if you appear angry and fcked up all the time live in your small world then how the hell someone has to know whats on your head.And unless you are willing to live underground you need to adjust to society ruless,because every person have their own problems and you just add yours to them without sorting yourself out.

as far as I can see you don't even see what I do daily to sort myself out. all you see are the things I post on this board, obviously that's all you see from me.

but believe it or not, people will be the same and stay the same if they are no matter if it's right or wrong.

I know I write a lot on this board. I apologize if I overwhelm everyone.

Last edited:

doesit

no1 i didnt even noticed that you wrote this thread :) and i dont know what you do to sort yourself out same as you dont know me,but if we want to win we need to change,and the only question wich pops into my head how much i would be willing to sacrifice to change as a person.Because i could easily tell people to f**k off me and be myself, but it would mean losing my job,family and not being sure about my future :/ .So whats stopping you :?

smff73

Society is indeed full of assholes, people who prey on the weak while swaggering around living the life of Riley.

My work colleagues could see from day one that I was capable, but lacked confidence, so what do they do? Instead of working to encourage me, they bullied, harrased, abused me with no let up, and I'm in a far worse situation now.

And similarly, one of my other colleagues, went off work with depression, and even though management got us all together to say "He'll be back next week, depression etc. help him fit back in", first thing that was said to him when he came back "is that you back from cuckoo leave?" and everyone laughed hugely.

So bully, harrass, make someones life a misery = well done
Be shy, timid, polite = hold on to be treated like crap

Society is full of assholes, who prey on the quiet, uncertain members of society, and are rewarded for doing so.

Cynic

My work colleagues could see from day one that I was capable, but lacked confidence, so what do they do? Instead of working to encourage me, they bullied, harrased, abused me with no let up, and I'm in a far worse situation now.
What job was that Smiff?