Social Situations

veggielover

I'm not really sure where I'm going with this thread, but I'm just going to type and see where it takes me.
Anyway, I tend to be really unsure of myself, and I feel like I make the worst first impressions and the more I try to fix them, the worse they become. I have a really hard time maintaining friendships. I mean, I have friends, I just feel like I don't mean anything to them. I'm just that friend that pops up and says "hey what are you doing this weekend" just to have someone to hang out with...
I've never really had a friend come to me for help, except for one. I don't know how to be socially accepted. All I do is get drunk so that I loosen up and become myself, otherwise I have a really hard time opening up..
I feel like there is some social rule book that I have just missed out on my whole life.

Ask any questions if it will help you understand better.
Thanks for reading!

Skatergirl

Banned
I know exactly what you're talking about.
But i have to tell you something,
YOU ARE NOT THE WRONG PERSON!
If they don't care about you for real, then it's their problem!
Some people just don't know how to really care about other's.
My mom always tell me, True friends are hard to find, I can count them on only one hand.
And i know exactly what you mean, I have the same problem in social situations, I feel like i have no good expressions, and i feel like everybody is judging me badly. ::(:
But you know what, talk to your friends about it, ask them a question like,
Do you think i'm a good friend to you?
Then you can find it out :)