Social phobic - new mums

Mrs_G

Hi guys,

My name is Claudette. I'm 25 and have a beautiful baby boy. 2010 is just around the corner and I have decided that this year will be a fresh start. He's old enough to enjoy places and rememeber them. I have been going out with my mum etc to playgroup and such but no where near enough. I want to go out daily, even for a newspaper so he gets some fresh air. Social phobia has turned into a little aggorophobia, but i'm fne with mum or my husband.

I have set up a facebook page called Social phobia - New mums dealing with baby and fears

here's the link: Fairwell 2009 - hello new start! | Facebook

It may encourage you to share your anxiety, goals and achievements. Being in the UK, maybe us mums can meet at playgroup etc and start letting our babies enjoy life from now on. Hope to see you there.

Claudette Burden Glitherow xxx

Lorraine Manca

that is awesome, i dont have a baby but i have a baby dog. she doesnt get exposed to other people at all especially because the way i am. i only recently realized she's terrified of other people instead of being her usual happy go lucky obnoxious self she tries to hide. i've always worried that anxiety and depression would make me a terrible mother, even though id love to be a mama.

you are very pretty by the way, mrs G

Mrs_G

Thanks Lorraine, feel free to join anyway. Might give you a heads up. Or helps other friends you might have on facebook (or friends of friends) to join. I'm hoping it'l set off and people will start sharing. Helping me fight and push myself too xx

Noca

Banned
My social anxiety has caused me to start being agoraphobic too, i only leave the house to get my meds, doctor appts, and once a week if that to see my friend. I hide alone in the dark in my bedroom most of the time staring at my many screens.