social phobia in a workplace

dave777

Hi i have had social phobia since i was young and never felt part of the crowd ,i work in a shop and have to serve customers ,i get very nervous in front of people,before my boss understood my problem and i worked out the back but now after comming out into the shop and serving 1 or 2 people when it is quiet now my boss thinks i can seve full time ,but i cant. I have tried certain people understand,but others just look amused at how uncomfortable i am feeling,i even get jokes from the boss, i want to quit i go home feeling what everybody is thinking of me Dave

nico82

I used to hate working in a store. I used to work on the floor and always had to go to the back/warehouse in order to regain strength. Working in an office is way better (but not TOO much).

Livingwithoutlivin

I used to work at a fast food restaurant as my first job and I had anxiety every single day as a cashier. I was always worrying that the customers would be rude or mean. But the nice thing is that I was so focused and serious whenever I'd finally get to leave work and appreciate any time I got off of it.

At my last job at a clothing start I was always walking around feeling depressed and a bit anxious in social situations.

I have not gotten a new job since last January because I have anxiety, and have caused a few ackward situations even just asking for an application. I hate myself right now. I need a god damn job so that I will get respect and earn the things I want to have in life.

SickJoke

So what do you want to do? Do you want to work on yourself and overcome your social phobia, or do you want to work in the back and not be bothered by it? First you have to decide what you want.