social phobia go away!!!!

Skatergirl

Banned
Hey.

I have extremely social phobia.
I go to a clinic, at the afternoons.
They decided me to go to school again after summer. atleast, trying.
But the problem is,
I'm afraid of meeting new people. I think i end up being anxious all the time, and being quiet, and that i can't make friends.
And plus, I missed one year out of school, I think it's hard to live my life again.
Therapy will start for me at the 10th of August.
I will get cognitive behavior therapy.
But I'm afraid my social phobia will never cure, my life is so sad, i can't do the things i want ::(:
I'm just so insecure about my self.
I'm shaking around people, and i am anxious all the time..
Does someone know what i can do about this ?? ::(:
Sometimes I think this problem can be never solved.. *cry*

fedupoffear88

Hey, the first step in changing urself is believing in urself. U gotta believe that u can do it!!! When u say that to urself, u mite start to question urself, pessimism mite conquer ur tthoughts, but all u gotta do is stick with the first statement. It will b hard at first, nd will seem impossible but u can do it if u think u can. Just go with what the therapist says, nd at the end of the day u can always tell the therrapist how u felt, and he/she will help u. Eventho I don't have the money to goto a therapist, I've overcome some of my major fears all by myself,by avoiding/not paying attention to all the pessimistic thoughts and just believing in myself . I'll tell u in shot alil something about the fear that I overcame. About 3yrs ago, I was diagonosed with a minor heart defect, and I was(still am) learning mixed martial arts nd I was on the top mah game. Wanted to be on top, but the doctor said that I shud not overstress myself, nd as a result I had total nervous breakdown. I wud be nervous and sweating all the time, my heart rate wud be about 120 bpm all the time. Long story short, I felt like iwas gonna die anytime, I felt like life was useless and I had suicidal thoughts. But after awhile I realized that it was just negative thougths nd tht I've got to remove/ ignore 'em from my mind. It was hard but I wud tell myself that one day I will overcome it nd tried my best to do it everyday until I trained my mind not to be overflooded with negativity. I'm tryin the same way to overcome my SA...
Damn! My reply is long, especially considering the fact that I'm typing on my phone :)