Social Anxiety Documentary

biathanatos

Hi. I'm a college student and I'm producing a radio documentary for one of my classes on social aniety disorder. I became interested in the topic when I found I had stopped eating because I couldn't deal with the dinig halls.

I spent my freshman year pretty much avoiding people and activites because I didn't want to appear stupid or something else. ANd now I find myself doing thesam thing, thought I don't want to. I used to love acting, and I still do, but the judgement involved in the audition process is too much for me to bear, especially if I'm rejected. I know this probably sounds pretty mild, but it doesn't feel that way.

That's why I'm producing the documentary so if you think ou might be interested intalking to me (as one social phobic to another) please let me know. We could correspond on this forum, or by aim if you like. So let me know I really want to get information about the disorder out to the public.

P.S. World renown psychologist Philip Zimbardo (the first to research shyness) might even be a part of the documentary, if that's any added incentive.

Anonymous

sure as long as it doesn't require a photo or video, recording of my voice, or me having to speak in or in front of a group :D

silgado106

I completely agree with wist. If we have to help in any other way than giving our opinions/personal accounts through the internet, then count us out :p

Anonymous

radio is an audio medium

well an audio documentary kind of entails interviews...i.e. voice recording. there's little way to get information out to people if you're unwilling to discuss and issue. i know that's the cach 22 of social anxiety, but i was hoping somone might be willing to "take one for the team" "you would remain aonymous, or couse, but if you can't verbally discuss what you're feeling i completely understand.

tommydog

id volunteer to help out, but he prolly wouldnt want an annoying aussie accent :lol:

" ya kna what a mean mate ???"

:lol:

wistful_dementia

hehe :lol: . I don't know about that... aussie accents never bothered me.

How about American accents? How are they seen to the rest of the english speaking world? Not that it really matters, but it might be amusing.

Anonymous

hi there , i would be very much interested in helping out since i have suffered from it for 15 years.
mariam

Sebastian

I can help as well. I don't mind being taped or even filmed if my face is not visible, that if you don't mind hearing a very strong foreign accent. Also, I'd prefer to have the questions in advance so I could prepare myself for them.

Fredscars

i would do it..if people didnt mind the fantastic brummie accent..but i dont have anyhting to record ma voice..and my parents would fluip..so sorry
xxxx
sounds interesting though