so very tired

lifesnotfair

i am so tired of feeling like i am the only guy who is going to be lonely for the rest of his life. I know i have probably posted something like this before, but i see all my other friends and even with younger are happy, have someone in their life, and seem to be sucessful. whereas i am the total opposite, i feel like such a failure all the time, because i don't get out to meet people,

what does it take?

sullyS25

I am sorry you feel that way man and a companion certainly is a nice thing to have but being in a relationship does not equal happiness. A lot of the time it means more suffering. Jealousy, feeling unworthy of your partner and anger. I feel your pain and used to beat myself up for it all the time but I have recently I have learned that another human being isnt the answer to all my problems, a girlfriend does not equal happiness and I can be comfortable with myself without having another human being in my life.

AGR

Well there are mare males than females in the world so someone has to pay the price,this is the truth and it really makes sense if you think about it,if you are not agressive you wont have someone,then its people like the ones in here who have to pay,but its all good,to me at least,I would want a kind and special girl anyway,either I will find her or die alone.

Last edited:
D

deleted user 1

I have to agree, being in a relationship will not solve your loneliness. What you crave is human interaction and the desire to reach people on a much deeper level. Being in a relationship when you are severely inhibited is actually to multiply your burden by an obscene factor. Believe me, I learnt this the hard way! You have got to be content with yourself, having emotional issues is not something you want to carry into a relationship. And place those kinds of expectations on yourself can be crushing. Hang in there and your time will come.

B

Beatrice

I have to agree, being in a relationship will not solve your loneliness. What you crave is human interaction and the desire to reach people on a much deeper level. Being in a relationship when you are severely inhibited is actually to multiply your burden by an obscene factor. Believe me, I learnt this the hard way! You have got to be content with yourself, having emotional issues is not something you want to carry into a relationship. And place those kinds of expectations on yourself can be crushing. Hang in there and your time will come.

This is so true. One of my fears is that I will never properly deal with my "issues", never really feel secure with myself and confident, and thus will never find someone and be alone for the rest of my life.... and to the people who say, "Oh, come on, don't be dramatic,"........ it's not drama. It's real. It happens. I know people it's happened to. And I could end up one of them........

B

Beatrice

I just realized that post was all about me and whining about my own issues. Sorry about that, that post by Aristocrat just reminded me of the same sorts of thoughts of that nature that have been swirling around in my head lately.... :/

D

deleted user 1

I just realized that post was all about me and whining about my own issues. Sorry about that, that post by Aristocrat just reminded me of the same sorts of thoughts of that nature that have been swirling around in my head lately.... :/

Not at all! I'd rather hear your, as you put it, "whining", than for you to keep it in.

twiggle

You have to learn to like yourself first. Whatever that takes. Get to know yourself and become a fan.
That'll give you the confidence to either a) approach someone of the opposite sex who takes your fancy or b) not feel too bothered about the fact you're single.