so scared of gettin told off

jojosparkles

yesterday in work the big boss was in and was workin next to me all day. he looks at me and cos he sees the blonde hair and the big boobs he thinks i am a total bimbo and that i am incompetant which is totally wrong. anythin i say to him he just looks at me like shit..is sarcastic or extremely arrogant. this puts me on edge anyway when i kno im workin with him and thats when i do make mistakes. if he changed his attitude i would b fine. anyway yesterday he made a mistake and blamed it on me and shouted at me in front of everyone..i could feel the tears welling up in my eyes. i felt totally and utterly humiliated and small. i then made a mistake later on and was so scared of telling him i started to panic. i really didnt kno wat to do. i shouldnt feel like this in work should i? it then led me to come in and binge and again this mornin cos he has made me feel so worthless and little. im angry and frustrated that another person could make me feel like this!

Jack-B

Jojosparkles

This guy is obviously stressed out and taking it out on you because he cant deal with his own anger and consequently you are his punch bag. Effectively you are his shrink, he needs you, if you werent around he'd probably have a break down.

What im getting at is that he's not in control, at all, not in the slightest. He may be the 'big boss' but he's really a small kid who is frightened and scared. How do you know what he really thinks about you? Has he told you what he thinks about you? He may shout at you for making mistakes, but this doesnt indicate what he thinks about you. This indicates he's gets well stressed out and takes it out on other people, namely you.

Organise a meeting with him and openly discuss with him how you feel about everything, this may be hard but it will clear things up. Tell him that he is out of order for shouting at you and this makes you feel nervous and make mistakes.

Good luck

Jack

jauggy

Your boss sounds like a jerk. But I'd personally be too scared to confront a boss and tell him off for his behaviour.

jojosparkles

well to be honest if he had shouted at me once more i would have told him to fuck it and do it himself..its only the fact that i like my other colleagues and id b droppin them in the shit aswell..somethin i wouldnt do. it has got to the point in my life..and im so happy it has that i realise i dont have to do anythin i dont want to do or do stuff to please others if it makes me unhappy. its no way to live ya life. im startin to find myslef and love life and there is noway im lettin that twat ruin it! lol! its a nice feelin. he is different and may have more money than me..but he is no better than me..just a stuck up rich bastard! haha! id rather b skint and have a laugh and enjoy life myself! :)

black_mamba

Managers ALL suck, its in their job description.

Come on guys, can we think of any boss we've had that has been genuinely nice? :eek:

I'm glad you're being wise about the situation, a twat is about right for a label if he blames people for his mistakes. :evil:

crescent

Yeah, I find some people in my workplace that has such attitude too, blame and slam everyone for making slightest mistake, but very tolerable with themselves. And to shout at you in front of everyone is really unwise.
I had similar experience and I felt totally helpless and small. True that I was making mistake but I was very new. That made me afraid to make mistake again and extremely cautious and anxious. But I know I shouldn't be so anxious like that. So I'm trying to tolerate myself more regardless what they said and accept things I can't change, because everybody made mistake anyway. To wish that we always do things right is like wishing for the impossible.

Septor

jojosparkles said:
well to be honest if he had shouted at me once more i would have told him to fuck it and do it himself..its only the fact that i like my other colleagues and id b droppin them in the shit aswell..somethin i wouldnt do. it has got to the point in my life..and im so happy it has that i realise i dont have to do anythin i dont want to do or do stuff to please others if it makes me unhappy. its no way to live ya life. im startin to find myslef and love life and there is noway im lettin that twat ruin it! lol! its a nice feelin. he is different and may have more money than me..but he is no better than me..just a stuck up rich bastard! haha! id rather b skint and have a laugh and enjoy life myself! :)

You go girl.:D You are better then that asshole.

You seem to be imporving all the times. :D