So people, "Acting"

Scottish_Player

I dont think you can act diffrent to over come SA after all an act is an act and the real SA person would still be in there somewhere, i think it is possible though to act your way through certain situations as i have done in my past, and i think constantly acting only adds to the stress of things.

newshyguy

my psychologist told me a story about an actor who used to be very shy but when he acted, he behaved totally different because he knew he was not being himself. so thats why he loved acting, this is the true story of a famous american actor, i forgot his name.

MariahCarey

i think its tru. i was at my most confident when i mimicked this one girl in my class when i was younger. i thought she was so funny and so cool i'd try to be like her. i was actually at my happiest at that time. i think if we look to someone we admire for inspiration, it can help us in some ways.

cherish

i've only faked confidence. I don't try to be different i just come off other than i am most of the time.

Septor

Yea I did that for a long time but the problem is I think people advoid the problem a lot of the time when they do that.Which is never good.

easy

Jim04 said:
Is it true what I heared- It's possible to act a different person to overcome sa?

It can really help. Why? You can act as a fearless person, right? You can act as if you have confidence. So you can be confident. I'm saying, you can BEEE confident. With other words, at the moment you act as if you are confident, you ARE confident, YOU are confident. (I love caps :D)

But you think that you ARE, in fact, unconfident. But what you should realize is the 'actor' is also you. Isn't it you who acts confident? Can you be a different person? No, you are always you.
So why aren't you confident? Isn't it only because you BELIEVE you are unconfident?

Jim04

Well guys I've tried to act confident recently.. sometimes it works, but most times that dreaded rush/panic whatever it is happens. I guess it doesn't work unless you have confidence to begin with. :twisted:

afraz

Dear JIM04,
I am a experienced social psychologist (I also do a lot of other work in
other areas of psychology too) and I believe that acting is an effective means in overcoming social difficulties. All I reccommend you to do is to simply study the art of acting. Once you have acomplished this, your social difficulties will seem a thing of the past. Good luck!

GaryUranga

Banned
it does help, because imo you feel that youre acting a certain way and because of this you're not searchign for aproval, its simply a role youre playing, you can justify whatever you do with it.