So nervous!

Right so its embarrassing but today I have an assessment/interview for a college course to to improve my maths and English. I know its embarrassing as I'm 20 and I have no qualifications but that was due to severe agoraphobia, I'm now trying to correct this by going back to college to improve my maths and English before retaking gcses.

My sleeping pattern is not great at the moment and as a result I will probly be awake all night then I will go to the assessment at 11. I'm worried that I will do bad in my assessment :/ due to lack of sleep, but at the same time it's impossible for me to sleep if my sleeping pattern is messed up.

Also guys is it embarrassing for a 20 year old guy to have no qualifications? It was due to agoraphobia and also my mums death but I just want to know if am deemed a failure :(

But on the positive side I am trying my best to rebuild my life, starting with my education.

So yeah what are your views on this?

Thanks

I apologize in advance if I misunderstood anything. I don't know the British school system very well.

I think the most important thing here is, like you said, working toward a better future. That's very positive.

It is hard to navigate life when you don't have good English skills (and math, but especially English I think), but you already know this. And people will sometimes look down on you for it, as I'm sure you have experienced (if not, good). If you've had trouble with these things due to a learning disability and/or anxiety, it is more understandable than someone who just slacked off in school or dropped out because they were lazy. Personally I look down upon those people more than I would someone who genuinely struggled. Maybe that isn't the nice thing to say, but I'm being honest.

Can you retake the test if you don't do well?

Regardless, I wish you luck, and I'm sure you can get help for improving those skills - they're so critical that I'm sure you can find some program to help you out if you can't get the college course.