so i'm supplementing from gnc and i find this urinary formula there

Rexus

it's supposed to help you urinate

here's what it contains per serving (3 caps)

Cranberry concentrate 600 mg
Dandelion (leaf) 180 mg
Marshmallow (root) 180 mg
Cleavers (stem, leaf, fruit, flower) 180 mg
Corn silk 150 mg
Goldenseal (root) 60 mg

100 caps

you have to take 3 caps twice daily so a couple of these for a month

so I thought if you're pissing it you're not sweating it

very unscientific thinking I know but IT DOES HELP

I'm urinating more frequently and my sweating bouts are less frequent and last less

it doesn't do anything to my body heat (im taking chinese herbs for tht but it takes time) but it's better than nothing

bigrob

What exactly are you trying to do? There may be better options. Just from what I saw it looks like you want to drop water weight for the purpose of not sweating.

The Dandelion, Marshmellow, and Cleavers are diuretic, the rest is mainly urinary tract support. The Cleaver is also supposed to lower blood pressure and body temperature.

Plus fwiw most "serious" people that train avoid GNC. Just saying.

Also you need to be careful. The body runs a balance of water and electrolytes. If you start cramping or notice your heartbeat change you may want to back off.

Rexus

I don't get it. Is this supplement dangerous? And why do people avoid GNC? Most of their supplements are natural. Would an amino acid supplement or whey protein taken from GNC differ from ones outside? I just read an article on the safe use of diuretics and it says using it for too long gets your kidneys used to needing a stimuli to expel water. That doesn't sound good... I don't know.

Rexus

Still, it's a much safer approach than anticholinergics given for excessive sweating, so I really don't mind.

bigrob

We tend to avoid GNC mainly because it's waaaaay overpriced and the employees receive commission on certain items thus they will try and steer you certain ways despite the product being bunk. Aminos and wheys are basically the same...there are actually very few factories that make it so everyone basically has the same suppliers. Where the difference comes is in the type of whey, whether it is concentrate (least bioavailable) to hydrosylate (most bioavailable). But I digress.

All natural means little if nothing. Once I was in GNC and an old man was buying vitamins for his wife. She had a stroke and was to avoid caffeine. The product that he was being directed towards was an "energy formula" that contained guana, which is basically caffeine in a natural form. I pointed it out to the old dude, and the employee spoke up saying "it's natural so it's better"...I looked right at the old guy and said "run, don't come back for your wife's sake". I may have cost them a sale, but I also may have saved a life.

The product you mentioned isn't dangerous itself, though there are toxicology testing being done on goldenseal with mixed results. The main issue I was worried about for you was dropping your water too low and throwing your body out of balance. If you start cramping, your salt may be too low. If you heartbeat changes, your potassium is being effected.

Water, salt, potassium run in a balance in the body. You just want to make sure if you manipulate the intake of one you keep an eye on the others. Plus you don't want to accidentally over strain the kidneys.

I've a somewhat related question. I often find myself needing to go to the washroom despite not really having a high tide or drinking too much water. It's like every hour or so and it's annoying. A friend told me that it could be due to dehydration...

Any idea what is this problem called and how do I stop it? Thanks in advance.

bigrob

I've a somewhat related question. I often find myself needing to go to the washroom despite not really having a high tide or drinking too much water. It's like every hour or so and it's annoying. A friend told me that it could be due to dehydration...

Any idea what is this problem called and how do I stop it? Thanks in advance.

So you have to go but do go when you try?

Are you male? If so, it's most likely the prostate.

I use Saw Palmetto and Nettle Root.

So you have to go but do go when you try?

Are you male? If so, it's most likely the prostate.

I use Saw Palmetto and Nettle Root.

Yes. And it's not really much each time. Is there a name for this sort of thing? I've read somewhere of some women having it too. So it seems like both men and women can have it.

Rexus

You seem very knowledgeable on the subject bigrob. Thanks for your input. What do you think I should do? What supplements help in decreasing sweating and lowering internal body heat? Thank you.

bigrob

You seem very knowledgeable on the subject bigrob. Thanks for your input. What do you think I should do? What supplements help in decreasing sweating and lowering internal body heat? Thank you.

Thank you. I've been a bodybuilding enthusiast for about 15 years and if the economy didn't tank I was hoping to start my own supplement line.

Unfortunately, my concentration is mainly in being bigger, stronger, and faster. My knowledge of diuretics comes from the use amongst bodybuilder's pre-contest.

I can attempt an answer for what you want but will need a day or so to dig around and research.

edit: do you know you have a naturally high temperature or do you just suspect it?

Last edited:

Rexus

Thank you bigrob I just started bodybuilding too and taking stuff like whey and amino acids and GNC is the one that sells this stuff here in Lebanon and we don't have much other choices. Can you pm me your msn I'd love to ask you some questions. Thank you.

Rexus

Thank you. I've been a bodybuilding enthusiast for about 15 years and if the economy didn't tank I was hoping to start my own supplement line.

Unfortunately, my concentration is mainly in being bigger, stronger, and faster. My knowledge of diuretics comes from the use amongst bodybuilder's pre-contest.

I can attempt an answer for what you want but will need a day or so to dig around and research.

edit: do you know you have a naturally high temperature or do you just suspect it?

My temperature is 37 not high but I have a lot of heat my body is always very very hot.

bigrob

My temperature is 37 not high but I have a lot of heat my body is always very very hot.

I don't do MSN. Feel free to PM questions.

Have you had your thyroid checked? It regulates temperature amongst other things.

Rexus

I don't do MSN. Feel free to PM questions.

Have you had your thyroid checked? It regulates temperature amongst other things.

Thanks for the advice. I think I did a while ago, but maybe I'll do it again just to make sure. Thank you again (wow if it turns out to be a thyroid problem, that would be amazing, something that can actually be cured)

Rexus

I'm leaving to get the test in a few for all things that might cause body heat including thyroid. If there's nothing, then it's just primary hh and I have to deal with it like I always have. I'll be getting some basil seeds since I did some research and they say they do a great job at cooling down the body and removing heat.

Rexus

The results come back in 20 days pff long wait. It's because the doctor asked for many tests along with the thyroid one just to make sure nothing is missed.