So I grow the balls, and...

Jura

... tell this girl I like her. Her answer? "You think I don't know that? It's so obvious." She asked me a few more questions about it, and that's it, she fucks off. But seeing as she has been so nice to me in the past, how can she show such apathy now and not even... I don't know, say or do something nice to make me feel good? Not even give me a hug or something? She's very outgoing, and hugs A LOT of people. This seriously hurt my self-esteem...

Kien

Proven. Grils hates shy guys. I'm glad I didn't tell last one I got nutty over.

hippiechild

Qwerty... :(

I can't stand if the guy doesn't talk back.
Wow really? I hate shy guys along with all my friends.
I don't like shy guys.
I actually really don't like shy guys at all.... I care most about how funny guys are because I love to laugh.
I think some are fully of ****, and they say there shy to make them self's seem more interesting. I could actually say i might like a shy guy, but i wouldn't say i love them.

all from JUST the first link...

it's pretty well documented that being nervous, silent 98% of the time and lacking confidence are not helpful in social situations :wink:

Kien

But not everyone was positive. And I'm sure most are not.

They make the greatest guy friend. You can usually talk to them and they'll understand, unlike those big shots.
But for dating, I'd rather the louder, bolder guy.
Only because they turn out to be more fun & start more comical, long conversations.
I mean, if the shy guy makes great conversations, then it's debatable.

----

I don't like when a guy is shy because I'm kind of shy and if a guy doesn't make the first move then I rarely will.

----

Shy Guy = Unattractive. Predictable.

Really Shy = No way in hell.

But the truth is, they are the best types of guys on this planet. Girls would rather date the d*ck head than the nice guy. Sad but true. It may be cute, but its not going to get you any. It puts you into the "friend zone" not the boyfriend zone.

----

shy men are too damn boring. never has nothing to say. never want to try interesting stuff so what the heck

hippiechild

Exactly, Kien! Even when actively searching for a single webpage on the entire internet, it is practically impossible to find anyone who "likes shy guys."
It's not without good reason either, I am boring, terrible at conversing in an interesting way and afraid to approach girls (or anyone for that matter) :(

DannieCleo

personally as a (female!) SA/AvPD "sufferer" i prefer shyer, introverted guys because a) i find them less intimidating b) i think they can actually understand me without the negative reaction c) less likely to be arrogant (i hate arrogance. also people who are overly outgoing just for the purose of being cente of attention).

for me personally the only downside is that a shy guy would probably never approach me. and since i would never approach him, we would be at stalemate lol

Possibly the only way it could "happen" is if we started out as friends first.

DannieCleo said:
personally as a (female!) SA/AvPD "sufferer" i prefer shyer, introverted guys because a) i find them less intimidating b) i think they can actually understand me without the negative reaction c) less likely to be arrogant (i hate arrogance. also people who are overly outgoing just for the purose of being cente of attention).

for me personally the only downside is that a shy guy would probably never approach me. and since i would never approach him, we would be at stalemate lol

Possibly the only way it could "happen" is if we started out as friends first.

same here :)

hippiechild

Dannie and Chod, I feel similarly. As a shy guy, I find introverted girls attractive for many of the reasons that you listed. It seems that we, sufferers of SA and AvPD, are the only ones that can really understand each other.

after looking at the girls that Qwerty posted...
I'd imagine that any girl capable of saying "I hate *insert characteristic* guys and so do most of my friends!" could not possibly be worth very much anyway.

hbanana11

Kien said:

Shy Guy = Unattractive. Predictable.

shy men are too damn boring. never has nothing to say. never want to try interesting stuff so what the heck
On the contrary, I dont find shy guys boring at all! They sort of present a challenge for me....I always to try to figure them out.

I tend to analyze people and the way they react to things a lot....most people are predictable. But with shy guys, I never know whats going on in their head! So usually I tend to pay attention to shy guys more often to try to get the slightest glimpse of what may be going on inside their minds. Of course, I myself am always to shy to approach them...but if I wasn't, I would walk over and start the interrogations! :D

So I am actually more drawn to shy guys than the more outgoing type.