Small talk question

davemason2k

Hi, I'm starting a new job soon where I will deliver and stock stuff in several stores a day. Some of the people there I will only see for short periods of time and I'm worried about making small talk, so I don't come off as a mean person. For example: Lets say I see a greeter or a certain cashier when I walk in every morning. The first day I plan to just say good morning, then the 2nd day I will introduce myself, but after that, what the heck do I say? Besides commenting on the weather, I'm not sure what I can small talk about. I really want to meet some people at these stores and possibly make a friend out of it, but if I suck at smalltalk, it's gonna be impossible. Do you have any suggestions?

Helyna

Keep saying hi. Nice to see you. (makes you seem friendlier and more familiar) How's your day going? (good conversation starter, especially on bad days) Have a nice day! (always say something like this if you can)

dtrotter

"How's your day going?"
will get the conversation started :) So yeah. Don't worry of what to say, it will come as the conversation flows.