Slurred speech?

idunnoimnotcreativ

I recently heard a recording of myself after a loong time (I was setting the answering machine message :lol: ) and I sounded like an idiot. I sounded very uneloquent and that I couldn't articulate my speech well. I'm thinking this has to do with the fact that I dont talk very often. Does anyone else have an issue like this? Is there anything to combat this problem?

IceLad

Once on the phone at work, the person I was talking to asked whether I was drunk as I slurring parts of my speech!!

:oops:

idunnoimnotcreativ

IceLad said:
Once on the phone at work, the person I was talking to asked whether I was drunk as I slurring parts of my speech!!

:oops:

Hey don't worry about it. I've had people mock my voice, because I sound like a brute lol.

I had an interview the other day (first ever!), and I dont think I left a very good impression due in part to my voice (it was mostly due to my nervousness though) I have another interview coming up, and I wanted to improve my speaking.

I know for one thing, I was looking in the mirror while I was talking and I noticed the way I moved my lips and everything seemed kind of wierd, because I was reluctant to appear expressive.

Standing in front of a mirror and basically talking to yourself may seem wierd, but whatever it will help and its much easier than talking to someone else wouldnt you agree? :D

Reholla

ughh yes..part of my problem is when I was a kid I went to a speech therapist because I couldnt say my "R's"... haha and my last name starts with an R. But i stopped going because they said I made enough progress and that over time it will increasingly get better.

Since my anxiety started up, I guess speech has always been kind of my weak point, so that was the first thing I noticed to be hard to keep during stressful days. Its sooo annoying

sutiono

Ah. This reminds me of the project that we did once. We had to make a video. When I listened to my speech in VCR it sounded so bad. I always thought that I had a pretty OK pronounciation since English isn't my first languagae but that video really told me otherwise.