Situations where your inhibitions vanish

NothingElseMatters

i was just like you described yourself,but in an iced earth concert.couldn believe i was me.but i wish i was like this forever.i didn even drink. it was that fuckitall attitude.which didn last long ofcourse
:roll:

Helyna

SilentClaude said:
The second example is hospital, in general. In hospital, all other problems seem so small and that’s probably the main reason for not worrying about social stuff. Also, it’s difficult to keep to yourself if you’re scared, in pain, sleeping in a ward etc.

You know, I've been thinking just that. I was in the hospital twice in the last month (don't worry, I'm OK), and the medical issue... well, it felt good to have something to fight against. I sometimes think that I simply don't have enough challenge in my life, so I have to make it for myself, and that's my real problem.
Also, I notice that something in my mind turns off when I'm in a hospital. People complain about strangers touching them, but they aren't strangers to me, they are doctors, so it doesn't bother me at all.

Alternately, multiple problems with my IV during my second stay has made me much more anxious about having things done to me. Also, there was a "teen lounge" where I could have had fun talking to people my age, since I was a bit lonely, but I pretty much went into whisper mode when I was there. Not to mention that being in a hospital is just not fun.

Moonie

I had a similar experience at a college I transfered to a few years back. Some band came to play at our school and I wanted to go. I had no one to go with, of course, but I decided to go on my own. It was kind of dark and there were a good amount of people there. I didn't even care that I was all by myself. I pushed my way up towards the front and just let myself enjoy the music. I think I may have sung a bit, too.

I also seem to let myself go a bit when I am doing something physical. If I were playing a sport (like mini golf or something) or at an amusement park, I think I'd be more talkative than if I were having dinner somewhere. I think the adrenaline from the rides or the competition from sports allows me to break through a bit.

caitlynx

My most uninhibited times have been concerts too (Radiohead, Arcade Fire) - I totally lose myself in the music and become so un-self-conscious that I don't care if I'm dancing like a dork or just moving to the music - I shut out the whole world and at the same time feel like I'm connected to everyone around me - it's probably the best feeling ever. Sometimes I cry just remembering concert moments. I wish life could be like that 24/7.

Also, when I go back to visit my parents - my SA kinda disappears when I'm in their environment (which is a poorer suburb, versus the wealthier city environment I'm in now). Maybe it's the class consciousness thing that makes me so uncomfortable in my skin living here, as though I were a fraud and everyone can see through me...versus back home I feel like "these are truly my people, I am one of them" and feel much more relaxed.

The only times I feel the anxious feelings dissipate is either when I am extremely angry at something at that moment, or after I have just cried out a lot of my emotions. There's a feeling of "release" after I let out my frustrations through crying.

Other than that, my anxious level is always cranked up to the max when I am around other people.

billy

There was this one day of college. where a guy from my class started talking to me and he was actually interested. which led to two more people talking to me because they were interested on the project in class. To just feel people wanted to talk to me set me in such a great mood for a while till i had gotten home and had nothing to do:(.

chris420

After a really good sleep...I just wake up and I'm like...ahhhh. I feel totally at peace, and just don't care, for maybe half an hour or so.

Also...in big crowds, and at times when traveling in a foreign country.

DannieCleo

when i'm around children it disappears (well, once i am used to them) its like i am the me that i actually AM.

luckily for me i work with kids for a living lol but i think it just adds to colleagues perceptions of me as either weird or rude, seeing as they see me being all loud and outgoing (and sometimes shouty!) with the kids, then around them i clam up totally. oh well, c'est la vie.

I am also ok with my immidiate family, which i think adds to their perception that there is nothing wrong wit me apart from a little shyness.

I went to a bone thugs n harmony concert 11 years ago (my first and only concert lol) when i was 19. i went with a uni pal and her lil sis who was as big a fanatic as i was. i still felt very self conscious, but i just basically copied what everyone else was doing and cncentrated on the fact that no one gave a fuck about me because they were there for the show. i was even one of the folks tryng to drag one of the group off the stage into the crowd lol (the dude in my avator!) plus i got hugs and autographs outside, but i was too "shy" to actually say anything. they probably just thought i was start struck lol

so my anxiety didn't disappear in that situation, i just copied the actions of everyone else and tried to ignor it.

i guess its testamemt to just how much i love that group because i would not put myself through that ordeal again (unless it was to see them again!)

they did have another show which i got tickets to, but it got cancelled. i have to say, a big part of me was relieved, even though i was disappointed. this time around i would have had to gone with my sister seeing as i have no friends :0(

Jellybeans

if i can get my mind on something more important than my anxiety, i'm totally cool for the rest of the day. i notice how much thought goes into SA and how much easier it is to just let shit go, and everything seems awesome from that point on. i can talk to people, be my goofy self around anyone, and ultimately feel better about life altogether. (no alcohol involved)

Masgant

Yach, im like a usual man when im angry,ex when someone bother me with harsh words and my adrenalin rise up to challenge him even to see his eyes. And when i m in a panic situation,ex when i accompany my friend in emergency room in hospital.