Sister's in love

relaxed_attention

My sister is basically all I have. I have many friends from the past that I keep in touch with over the phone but she is the one I can laugh around, fart and wear no make up in front of, walk around naked around. She’s like my best friend. Now she has a boyfriend after knowing this guy for only one week…has met his family (they love her), gone camping with him and his brother, and she is even taking him home to meet our family. Thank God I live alone. I don’t want to meet him and have him see how shy I am. I’m jealous that I can’t meet a guy’s family with ease. (I did it once and it was a disaster) I’m jealous, hurt, mad….I’m extremely emotional over her happiness. Why can’t I be happy for her? She’s never been this goofy over a guy. They have spent every moment together for the past 8 days and all I can think of is…I hope they don’t get married b/c she’ll probably ask me to be the bridesmaid. (I would probably have to be in charge of throwing a bachelorette party for her!!) I highly doubt I could do it. Not at this stage I’m in. I’m worried that they’ll show up at my front door and catch me off guard. (I need to be prepared for these things…to be proactive is best for me) Anyway, we told each other that we both were never going to get married. We weren’t going to be like everyone else. We were going to be strong independent women and be single. Now I really feel like I’m in this alone. It’s true that misery loves company.

Anyway, I just wanted to rant and rave. Tell my story.

relaxed_attention said:
My sister is basically all I have. I have many friends from the past that I keep in touch with over the phone but she is the one I can laugh around, fart and wear no make up in front of, walk around naked around. She’s like my best friend. Now she has a boyfriend after knowing this guy for only one week…has met his family (they love her), gone camping with him and his brother, and she is even taking him home to meet our family. Thank God I live alone. I don’t want to meet him and have him see how shy I am. I’m jealous that I can’t meet a guy’s family with ease. (I did it once and it was a disaster) I’m jealous, hurt, mad….I’m extremely emotional over her happiness. Why can’t I be happy for her? She’s never been this goofy over a guy. They have spent every moment together for the past 8 days and all I can think of is…I hope they don’t get married b/c she’ll probably ask me to be the bridesmaid. (I would probably have to be in charge of throwing a bachelorette party for her!!) I highly doubt I could do it. Not at this stage I’m in. I’m worried that they’ll show up at my front door and catch me off guard. (I need to be prepared for these things…to be proactive is best for me) Anyway, we told each other that we both were never going to get married. We weren’t going to be like everyone else. We were going to be strong independent women and be single. Now I really feel like I’m in this alone. It’s true that misery loves company.

Anyway, I just wanted to rant and rave. Tell my story.

I'm sure you'll find your own soul mate soon, if you haven't already. It's okay to be sad that your relationship with her might not ever be the same.