Singing

Island_chic

Does anyone sing OR want to learn??
I meant "two thumbs up"

I've been taking vocal lessons and singing in a choir for two years! I'm so proud of myself cause it was something that even though I liked normally would have me running and saying "are you crazy" that's too scary!!

Well here I am two years later and have no plans of stopping. I also sang two duets. It took a lot of nerve for me to fester up the solos but I think I'll be okay the next time around. Singing has reduced my anxiety, given me more confidence and I really enjoy it and no longer have to miss out even on something as scary as this!

How I started singing? Thanx to the support of my mom and stepdad. They also sing with me in choir. My teacher teaches the choir and gives lessons as well. Luckily, I had the support of a few family members or I don't think this would have ever happened at least not anytime soon.

If there's something you want to try but are really afraid then I strongly suggest a support system like maybe a family member, trusted person or if you have a friend.

Go and try it and don't give in. Because you really can if you want it bad enought. Must take small gradual steps and don't let a little step of fear run you off.

Last edited:
I would like to sing in the same way I'd like to be able to breathe underwater. It would be nice, but my lungs aren't up to it ::p:

WeirdyMcGee

My grandmother trained me in opera and classical voice from ages 4-8... I think that was the only training I've had so far as voice.
I did make it through the audition to enter 'a certain music academy'
- had to sing 1 piece from an English musical with piano accompaniment and then 1 aria (I chose an Italian one) a capella.

I decided not to go after hearing that 'anyone can be accepted- talent or no talent, if their parents give the school enough money'.
I kind of assumed that was the way schools worked but I was disappointed to hear it about a school my grandmother held such a high opinion of.
I'm not meant to be a singer, anyways. I just do it for fun.

Everyone has a voice- all unique. Some people are natural singers and some are not. Everyone can sing, though. It doesn't have to be prefect- if you enjoy it and can have fun then you're doing it right.
haha