Singing in front of a class, while being graded...

mienaino

...and in Japanese, to boot.

My worst nightmares have been confirmed today. This is to be my final oral exam. That leaves me two months to spontaneously explode repeatedly at the mere thought of it.

Any suggestions?

(Currently considering shooting myself in the leg, then I could go in to take the oral exam bleeding by the pint, and my teacher might send me to the hospital thereby exempting me from it.)

van_sp

mienaino said:

My worst nightmares have been confirmed today. This is to be my final oral exam. That leaves me two months to spontaneously explode repeatedly at the mere thought of it.

Any suggestions?

(Currently considering shooting myself in the leg, then I could go in to take the oral exam bleeding by the pint, and my teacher might send me to the hospital thereby exempting me from it.)

I would take time to visualize it in your mind in the most positive of ways EVERY-day before D-day to prepare.
If that doesn't work out, save up some cash and pay your teacher off ;)

maggie

mienaino said:

Any suggestions?

oh mienaino..i feel your pain..is there any way, if you had a chance to explain your situation with teacher, that you could do an alternate assignment..and this could be considered your exam? or perhaps sing it at a different time, (beforehand) just to the teacher? and perhaps let the class think you had to be 'away' the day of the presentations?

mienaino

maggie said:
oh mienaino..i feel your pain..is there any way, if you had a chance to explain your situation with teacher, that you could do an alternate assignment..and this could be considered your exam? or perhaps sing it at a different time, (beforehand) just to the teacher? and perhaps let the class think you had to be 'away' the day of the presentations?
I don't know if I could explain it to my teacher. I don't think she would understand. She's quite uninhibited... normally uninhibited people do not have a very intimate understanding of anxiety (particularly SA).
I think I'll just do it as spoken word. Even still, it's a nightmare, but there is no comparison with singing.
The damage to my grade is acceptable... after all, I was considering skipping that day.

maggie

mienaino said:
maggie said:
I don't know if I could explain it to my teacher. I don't think she would understand. She's quite uninhibited... normally uninhibited people do not have a very intimate understanding of anxiety (particularly SA).
I think I'll just do it as spoken word. Even still, it's a nightmare, but there is no comparison with singing.
The damage to my grade is acceptable... after all, I was considering skipping that day.
yeah, true mienaino..like you say, doing it with the spoken word..still a nightmare, but no comparison with singing..i think you're making a wise choice..still doing the exam, yet modified to ease the anxiety a bit..good for you :wink: ..and while we're on the topic of singing, i'll never understand how people can sing in front of others..it baffles me, i can hardly sing 'happy birthday' when there's lots of others singing too..even that freaks me out..ahh well..good luck to you, let us know how it goes :)