Shy vs. Socially Anxious

biathanatos

Hi. I'm a college student and I'm producing a radio documentary for one of my classes on social anxiety disorder and potentially why it's diffrent fro shyness. I became interested in the topic when I found I had stopped eating because I couldn't deal with the dinig halls.

I spent my freshman year pretty much avoiding people and activites because I didn't want to appear stupid or something else. ANd now I find myself doing thesam thing, thought I don't want to. I used to love acting, and I still do, but the judgement involved in the audition process is too much for me to bear, especially if I'm rejected. I know this probably sounds pretty mild, but it doesn't feel that way.

That's why I'm producing the documentary so if you think you might be interested intalking to me about why you are shy rathe than socially anxious please let me know. We could correspond on this forum, or by aim if you like. So let me know I really want to get information about the disorder out to the public.

P.S. World renown psychologist Philip Zimbardo (the first to research shyness) might even be a part of the documentary, if that's any added incentive.

Anonymous

[/list][/list][list][code] Font color: [color=red]text[/color] Tip: you can also use color=#FF0000[/code][/list]

black_mamba

That's why I'm producing the documentary so if you think you might be interested intalking to me about why you are shy rathe than socially anxious please let me know. We could correspond on this forum, or by aim if you like. So let me know I really want to get information about the disorder out to the public.

Thats really cool that you're 'promoting' the idea of social anxiety, take a good look around this forum. There is sooooo much useful and interesting information regarding the issue.

mrblack

good work

keep us updated on the process, and if theres a way we can tune in to earlier broadcasted shows via the net..thanks