Shy girl in a club

Hello everyone. Wanted to ask you guys and girls a question, Last night i was in a nightclub, and a girl caught my eye. She was not the typical girl you see in clubs. She seemed really nervous and shy. I thought she was really cute though and i wanted to go up and talk to her just say hi. But i couldnt. Something stopped my - my shyness i guess. Anyway, i really regret it now. Too late i know, but what do you think i could have done. i am not the one to go and grab girls and dance or anything. But how could i have approached her and said hi? and started a conversation?

FreedomFighter

hi i completely know how you feel , not doing something because of your social anxiety and then regretting it later . She might be at the club again and just buy her a drink and say something like your friends were meant to meet you in the club but cant make it and ask her does she mind if you can join her , peace .

Thanks for the replies. Its really frustrating and you are completely right about developing a so what attitude. She did make eye contact with me when i walked past her, and as usual i just looked away and down at the floor. Thing is, i wish i had approached her, because if she said oh i have a boyfriend or whatever then fine, im not the psycho type and i would of backed off. But its not knowing. Without sounding big headed or anything, i dont think im the ugliest person in the world and i dont usually have a problem attracting girls physically. She didnt seem to be talking to anyone all night, was only with one other friend and looked really scared. I guess i could sympathise with her.

AlinaGirl

I'm a girl, so I can only speak for myself here, but I know I would be really flattered if a guy came up to me and introduced himself. Especially because I'm shy, I actually appreciate it when a guy comes over and makes the first move, because I have a difficult time doing so myself. Anytime a guy has done so, I remember feeling nothing but flattered that he took the time to notice me.

Guys, most girls will be flattered if you approach them in a friendly, not-too-aggressive way, especially if they look like they are shy or uncomfortable being in a large crowd with no one to talk to.

Yeah you should go over in future. Just think what the hell and do it.

I know how you feel though. But it feels worse afterwards if you didn't do anything!

sidney

yeah i agree with Alinagirl, id be flatered if a guy took interest in me, just introduce yourself nicely, nod and be polite when shes talking and you'll be fine :D

missed oppurtunities suck! This is helping me to realise how difficult all of this shyness/ SA is. When i see people who are like me, it makes me realise how difficult it may be to approach me. Never sure what to say and scared to say the wrong thing.

va_boy

Like most people are saying, missed opportunities do suck. I always feel more confident approaching people if I feel they are more shy/SA than I am.

Next time you see her or a girl like her that you really like, just go up and introduce yourself, maybe even say something like "you seem to be enjoying this party as much as me, haha" or something of the sort.