Should I visit the doc?

jt

Hello everyone,
I post here very rarely, and when I do so it is to seek advice. Im wondering if I should go to the doctor. The things im worried about are irrational, but here they are:

• the doc wont think i have sp
• my medical insurance will send my parents a letter saying I take drugs against depression (and I dont want them to know about my condition)..

• my insurance will go up
• the medicine he will give me will put me into seizures , etc.

these things sound funny but im afraid. Can anyone help?

First, the insurance statement will only say it was a doc's visit, it won't tell the diagnosis or anything. Health ins. isn't like car ins., it doesn't go up everytime a claim is filed. At least not in the U.S. As far as him believing you, just tell him that you read an article on SA and you believe you have SA. He'll probably start you out on antidepresant. They'll ask you if you're allergic to any types of meds and he'll know what to give you and what not to.

young

If you think you should goto a crs. Goto a drs. These boards are not a substitute for a professional opinion.

And to answer your questions..

JT said:
the doc wont think i have sp
• my medical insurance will send my parents a letter saying I take drugs against depression (and I dont want them to know about my condition)..

• my insurance will go up
• the medicine he will give me will put me into seizures , etc.

these things sound funny but im afraid. Can anyone help?

Your dr may say you don't have sp. Cause you may not show the signs of it. A trained professional is the one who can diagnose you with a condition. You may or may not have it. You can just be assuming cause you exhibit certain traits. You can tell your doc what signs you have. And he can give you his trained opinion and diagnosis. Make sure you tell him/her everything. The smallest detail left out. In the long run can hurt you. If you are not completelty comfortable with his diagnosis. Or you feel he/she is not being fully honest with you. Seek another dr. And another. It's not common for someone that has anxiety/depression/sp/ or mental disorder to go through a few docs before they find a good one. Fidn one that you like. And one that you are comfortable talking with.

You may get a letter from the pharmacy you got your meds from telling you that your refill is close. And if you do. It should be addressed to you. And why wouldn't you want your parents to know? Depression is a serious medical condition. And you shouldn't be embarrased about it. You should get all the help and support you can. It will help you tremendously.

Your insurance will not go up. You may have a copay to pay. But it won't go up.

Your meds could cause a seizure I guess. Hard to say what it would or wouldn't do. Without knowing what you were prescribed. And that concern should be told to your dr. Ask for any known side effects. Anything that has happend to someone has to be told to you.