Sex Obsession?

Hey all,

i thought being a guy and thinking about sex was normal... wat is too much i wonder.. as a males perspective would differ substantially from a females....

I probably think about sex.. hmm.. maybe... 20 or so times a day.. depends.... depends what is in front of me... if an absolutely beautiful girl walks by, that's the norm i supposed.. maybe im wrong.. ha!

Any thoughts on this?

YankeeBob

Sexual Obsession

This view of mine is based on five years of studying the subject of sexual obsession.

Its a personal story...so I share it with you all for consideration.

Its not a something I am proud of.

First of all, an addiction is a behaviour that escalates over the years, that is a secret we keep from family and friends, and it is something that "harms" others.

Alcoholism, work addiction, over eating, sex, narcotics, shopping....these are addictive issues in the world.

They have existed for 1,000s of years ( they are in the bible ) and will exist in the future as well.

If you want you can do some reading on this subject. Patrick Carnes wrote a book in 1988 on this subject. Its called "Out of the Shadows". I urge anyone to read it.

He also wrote another book called "Facing the Shadow". It has exercises for the mind and behaviour to learn to stop obsessive thinking and compulsive behaviour.

Now why do I know this stuff ?

Well I suffer from this illness.

Its called an illness because its largely an area of activity that takes place in the mind. Eg, mental illness.

Some people think of it as a spiritual illness. They may be right.

Now for the last 5 years I have been going to a 12 Step Program to help men and women with obsessive thinking about sex and compulsive sexual behaviour

There are at least three programs that deal with this: SA, SAA and SLAA.

They were each formed in the 1970s by men who got sober in AA , only to discover they had another obsessive compulsive behaviour - lust ( thinking part , and sex ( masterbation, sex workers, affairs,etc ).

I go to a 12 Step Program called SA.

Have been to SLAA and SAA meetings , however SA works best for me.

Was it easy to stop the obsessive thinking and compulsive behaviour ?

No.

Why ? Well I went through withdrawal. You see an addict goes through withdrawal.

There are other sources to deal with this issue as well.

You might try visiting the web site www.recoverynation.com

Many men and women find that site helpful.

I will leave this comment there. What I wish to share with you is that it is possible to change. I have...and its something that have changed my life for the better.

Take care Be well.

Edith

FeralMonkeyMagic said:
Hey all,

i thought being a guy and thinking about sex was normal... wat is too much i wonder.. as a males perspective would differ substantially from a females....

I probably think about sex.. hmm.. maybe... 20 or so times a day.. depends.... depends what is in front of me... if an absolutely beautiful girl walks by, that's the norm i supposed.. maybe im wrong.. ha!

Any thoughts on this?

I don't think that's weird at all. I'm a girl and I probably think about it more than that! Totally normal - especially when you're not getting any :wink:

RedRibbons

Edith said:
FeralMonkeyMagic said:
Hey all,

Any thoughts on this?

I don't think that's weird at all. I'm a girl and I probably think about it more than that! Totally normal - especially when you're not getting any :wink:

Same. lol. A lot of my interactions with men and sometimes women lead to some random thought of sex. Hey, even if the person isn't present, a place will spur the thoughts.

Some days I will think about sex more than other days... It ranges from 10% - 70%, seriously. And some days it's REALLY annoying and REALLY gets in the way of things, but other than that it's all good.

jamez

Dude it's natural to be continually be thinking about it, I mean it's our genes. Not that I would admit it in real life, but I don't stop thinking about it. :wink:

Kien

Heh, if you girls didn't havy any problem with SA you could just tell a random dude on the street that you offer yourself. :p

Danfalc

Banned
Kien said:
Heh, if you girls didn't havy any problem with SA you could just tell a random dude on the street that you offer yourself. :p

I dunno if you say stuff sometimes as a kinda joke or out of pure innocence 8O But erm... girls have alot more standards than that unlike us lowly males who are like alley cats :lol: