Self confidence

Anonymous

Whenever i walk into a classroom to do something like drop a book off if it has older boys in they will all look and stare at me and make fun of me so my selfconfidence is killed so does anyone know any ways of getting it back or how to approach these situations.?????

Also does walking into a room your head up high nd proud of yourself help or will that make the bullies tease you more????

Once again help will be greatly accepted

From Matt

Ahmed

try to focus on something else... dont look at them. pretend that noone is there. or pretend that they are standing with their underwears :) At least you have cloth on :)

Anonymous

Ahmed said:
try to focus on something else... dont look at them. pretend that noone is there. or pretend that they are standing with their underwears :) At least you have cloth on :)

Cheers i'll try that today

Richey

Same thing used to happen to me although it was more like they would come up behind me and knock my folder out of my hands so i would have to pick everything up while everyone starred and laughed, i was also pushed into lockers and ganged up on, however your situation is different and as you said just walk in and block those people out like they dont exist, try and wire your brain so that you can go about your business with pride and if those people are so low that thye have to put you down then arnt worth your time, also they are not in any way better then you so just go about your business as best you can, they will tease you less if you seem self-confident and proud so next time it happens try and think of it as though its the last day of your life and the world will end at midnight, that helps in making you realise that life is too short to be worrying what others think, easy to say but if you practice enough it will pay off for you

MariahCarey

if they do laugh @ u again, laugh with them. that way ur showing that them laughin at ur mistakes doesnt bother you. if they see that ur upset, they'll pick on you even more cos thats what they want.
i kno u dont have any confidence, but fake it. and yes walkin with ur head up high and shoulders back does help, thats wot i do as you make urself an even bigger target by walking like you've got a hunchback of notre dam.

Kite_Zaroon

Just thnk they bully you because their weak...

Laugh at their insults, and try to think of ways to use their insults on them. But don't insult them dirrectly, just tell them how stupid their insults, most of them are a type of compliment...

Anonymous

mattyratty2 said:
Whenever i walk into a classroom to do something like drop a book off if it has older boys in they will all look and stare at me and make fun of me so my selfconfidence is killed so does anyone know any ways of getting it back or how to approach these situations.?????

Also does walking into a room your head up high nd proud of yourself help or will that make the bullies tease you more????

Once again help will be greatly accepted

From Matt

Matt,
Life Lesson: Don't take it personally. If you take it personally, you agree with whatever is said. As soon as you agree, their poison goes through you. Nothing other people do is because of you, it is because of themselves. Even if others insult you directly, it has nothing to do with you. The truth is that this person/these people is/are dealing with their issues.
If you eat all their emotional garbage, then it becomes your garbage. Be happy that you don't have to live in their hell.

Practice will make perfect! :)

Anonymous

i would say take YOU seriously and respect YOU nomatter what you do or what others say or do. when thats done you have confidence. dont let people distract you from yourself and bring you away from your own worthiness. bet on yourself and give you a chanche to win!

Anonymous

i know exactly how you feel i used to get really nervous if i was going into a room with people in even if they werent older than me. in the end i learnt i have the same right to this planet as any body else so i shouldnt feel nervous although i still dont like being in big crowds for some reason but i think that that may be because i dont feel like i can be myself but i am getting better

LittleMissMuffet

Matty,
If I was there I'd tell all those guys to @#*! off -or something of that nature. You see, cos, the older you get the more easy it eventually becomes to make the connection between how much weakness is required to attack someone. One day you will make this connection and understand that the primary weakness is not the problem -it is the secondary kind that is. Regardless of what weakness exists, it is how much a person respects the strength within it, regardless of the amount of hardship they go through -in fact, BECAUSE of the hardship that they go through! -this is what is the measure of strength.

In the Rumble in the Jungle, Mohammed Ali took all of George Foreman's punches. This was despite the outer strength that Foreman had (who could dent a punching bag). George Foreman, when eventually knocked out, was said to to go down 'like a sick old man hearing very bad news'. And not only did Ali last against FOreman to win this fight, but when he is knocked out, people describe it like: 'watching an autopsy on a man who is still alive.' Many years after Foreman's monumental loss against Ali, after which he sufferred a great depression, which was said to have greatly effected and changed him, he said: "A man who is unsure of his limitations is unsure of his strength." ...gives a whole new meaning to the word 'confidence'.

Anonymous

I'm 35 and still sometimes going through such shit... i don't know...how comes there are such stupid brainless fools all around? Laughing at someone is the cheapest thing you can do.
NEVER, never, under no circumstances, -repeat- NEVER show they've succeeded in hurting you. Avoid any such feeling. Cause thats' what they are waiting for, so they can keep on hurting you to laugh at you (still can't undarstand such behaviour at all no matter how much i try... are they completely out of brains?)
OK? REmember:
They've not hurt you at all. You smile back like you don't even give a damn for whatever nonsense they might say... which is really what you should do because it's just a little nonsense from some fools who have no brains at all. They can't hurt you. They are just fools. They are such stupid poor fools you are even tempted to give them a $ so they can buy themselves some toys to play with. :wink: Really they are!
You have to feel sorry for them, poor fools. They'll all end up biting the dust :wink:
So i strongly recommend you to notice how silly they are, how poorly minded, how disgusting, how cheap, how cowards, etc they are.
Don't ever feel like they are right. They aren't!! They are stupid motherfuckers who only deserve a punch up the nose... or even better: they deserve nothing at all, not even your attention. Poor idiots. They have no real friends. Cause no one wants such stupid motherfucker by his/her side.
Put those ideas in your brain. That kind of people shit over themselves when they are in serious trouble, i swear! :lol:

Anonymous

1. Between the ages of 13 and 17 nobody has any self confidence.
2. The cocky kids are hideing from some other problems they have, likely at home.

iamantisocial

This is all part of LOOKING tough. If you look and act tough, you will be respected.

Either adopt the following body language:

1) The gangsta walk - semi-limp on purpose... due to the baggy pants, be extremely relaxed.

2) The military walk - straight body, chin up. you are a proud soldier.