selective mutism

milo001

did anyone have selective mutism when they're little?i have selective mutism when i'm little and i guess that's why i have SP now. :roll: did you think every selective mutism child can become SAD when they grow up?

VioletTears

I was diagnosed with selective mutism when I was about 3. I actually haven't been diagnosed with social phobia but there is no doubt in my mind that I have it. I actually think I have avoidant personality disorder. When I hear people on here say that they were normal as kids I sometimes think how lucky they are, because at least they have an image of themselves in their mind of how they were once able to function... I have never been able to, I have no clue what that's even like.

Lexmark

I dont have mutism
But I have this course voice in sociol situations
Like a lump in throat

akele

i have a thing where i dont feel any urge to use my voice. i have to make myself do it. it feels more comfortable not to speak. this is a lot of the time. i guess there are lots of people who have the opposite!

Helyna

90% of people with Selective Mutism have Social Phobia, and the other 10% mystify psychiatrists. I don't have it, but I learned about it, and that's how I found out about SP.

milo001

Helyna said:
90% of people with Selective Mutism have Social Phobia, and the other 10% mystify psychiatrists. I don't have it, but I learned about it, and that's how I found out about SP.

so i'm one of the 90% huh.i think i can understand why selective mutism kids like me can have SP because we didn't talk to anyone in school or even some of our relatives.i didn't even talked a lot to my uncle or grandma when i'm little.because we scared to talked when we're little eve though after that we start to talk but it's still really hard for us to talk to others.we'll still scared of the community and peoples. :(

milo001

VioletTears said:
I was diagnosed with selective mutism when I was about 3. I actually haven't been diagnosed with social phobia but there is no doubt in my mind that I have it. I actually think I have avoidant personality disorder. When I hear people on here say that they were normal as kids I sometimes think how lucky they are, because at least they have an image of themselves in their mind of how they were once able to function... I have never been able to, I have no clue what that's even like.

yeah,it's hard for us since we have selective mutism since we're little we really don't have friends so we'll felt envy to fellow SP who said they're normal when they're kids.i have selective mutism since i'm 5 but because of my family background.my parents not really educated they don't know what i have they just thought i'm shy,quiet and don't want to talk to others when i'm little.they didn't take me to the doctor.