Seems like people attack during the first sign of weakness

SocialRetahd

I have experienced this a lot. I think I have even tested the water sometimes to see if someone would rip on my if I did something stupid, and they always do.

People will attack if you are weak and once they establish you are weak you start feeling that you are and they become extremely confident around you. Thats when it is all over.

hormones are in control from then on and your body makes sure you are fearful of these people.

This is a huge insecurity for me, cause what if you weren't funny, good looking, or intelligent. Would these people still like you? Always made me question the relevance of friends.

okkamsrazor

Ah but this happens everywhere in life SR. At work, school, university, home
Its where alpha males / females start up learning their trade. As for your Q, friends are important imo but most people get mistaken between friends and acquaintance's. Before I thought I had so many friends but now I learned I have only a few friends (people I can rely on & trust) and I feel better that way.

arjuna

Re: Seems like people attack during the first sign of weakne

SocialRetahd said:
I have experienced this a lot. I think I have even tested the water sometimes to see if someone would rip on my if I did something stupid, and they always do.

People will attack if you are weak and once they establish you are weak you start feeling that you are and they become extremely confident around you. Thats when it is all over.

hormones are in control from then on and your body makes sure you are fearful of these people.

This is a huge insecurity for me, cause what if you weren't funny, good looking, or intelligent. Would these people still like you? Always made me question the relevance of friends.

When people attack beat the living shit out of them. Then they won't do it again.

Doomed2Die

Yes well this is the way of the system. Firstly make sure your claims are founded, depression can cloud judgement, secondly just avoid these types of people if you can. They will learn hopefully later on in their life not to be blind uncompassionate sheep and really you are not the one to tell them. Morales are a fickle thing in today's world people claim there is no such thing as good and/or evil and only do what they can to survive, prosper and simply for the sake of it.

So yeah just avoid/ignore them, they set up their confidence by ignorance and intimidation.

OR try arjuna's method, which involves going postal.

Vancouver

Re: Seems like people attack during the first sign of weakne

SocialRetahd said:

I've always thought about things like this, and the reason it seems so true is because most people living on this earth are pretty insecure. However, I'd much rather deal with somebody who was insecure in a social phobia way, rather than somebody who's only will in life is to have power over others they perceive as weak. My advice is to start treating them like shit. And I'm not kidding. I know being the nice guy in a situation is a good trait to have, however the more uncomfortable you get, the more comfortable in yourself you'll be. I know it sounds like some sort of weird paradox, but it's very true. Your mind will realize how well you've taken pressured situations, and you'll start feeling a lot better about it all. So give it a shot, desensitize yourself. In a good way :)

Doomed2Die

When it comes to emotions, desensitizing is never a good way... but hell who am I kidding only the majority of the world does the same thing so w/e. I for one like being a nice guy because of a whole bunch of reasons that frankly im sure no one cares about.