Saying "hi" is way too hard!

ou2saved2

That said, It is difficult to break "our preception" of the world. Our thinking is the only thing keeping us from emotional freedom! Pep talks feel good but you will have work to do if you want your freedoms back./ a forced smile is still a smile, your on your way!

shy17

I have got the same problem. Although i am not afraid to say hello to people who are in the same class as i am, because i spend with them too much time ( in school ) so i got used to them. But when it comes to saying hi to other people who might say hello to me, or neighbours i am just dieing. I am doing my best to avoid those kind of situations. If i said in public that i am afraid of saying hi, people would laugh at me and treat me like a social trash which i am by the way.

It sounds like nothing -saying hi- but it is TOO HARD.

Qbmaster

It sounds like nothing -saying hi- but it is TOO HARD.

Saying hi is not too hard. It is very easy. You know that you can do it, because you do it all the time. If you are like me, it is not the act of saying hi itself that scares you, but the fact that you don't know if you are expected to say hi to this particular person. If this is the problem, it can actually easily be solved. Just say hi to everyone you think you should maybe say it to. If you ever wonder if you should say hi or not to a person, this probably means that you should. Once you have decided to say hi to someone, just do it without waiting for him/her to say it first. It doesn't matter if you do not get an answer because, as you very well know, not all people are very good at this. At least you have done your part!

Jin

yeah i can say hi....but not having eye to eye contact with them.... it is also useless....

shy17

I think i am going to do an exercise like this : I am going to say hello to every person i met on the street. Sounds easy when i write it, but it will be impossible while i will be walking on the street and a stranger will be going ahead.

mrb

i normally just wink and say alright mate ..... even if your voice is low and they dont hear you they will see the wink

klytus

Keep telling yourself all this crap, and if you don't already believe it, it won't take too long until you can't rid yourself off such negative thoughts. Forums such as this are fine as long as they don't reinforce mislead ways of thinking. Saying "hi", "thank you", etc. is amongst the simplest things in life - for virtually everyone.

U

userremoved

I can say hi to people no problem, I just can't smile while I'm doing it. Which I think makes me come off as either annoyed or very serious I dunno.