Safer Ways of Treating Anxiety/Depression (Without Side Effects)

Just thought I'd pass on some video's I've found recently regarding alternative (natural) treatments of depression and related mental disorders. I've recently been taking these & have noticed a huge difference in mood, focus, & reduction of depression. (The site I buy them from is iHerb.com - 'Doctor's Best' & 'Now Foods' seem to be the best value for money brands I have found)

Lithium Orotate improves your mood and your life - YouTube

5-HTP Improves Your Mood and Helps You Sleep Better - YouTube

Gabatrol Reduces Stress and Anxiety - YouTube

Grape seed extract is a powerful antioxidant - YouTube

Last edited:

doesit

or bang your head of the wall until your brain damaged enough that nothing bothers you ,to achieve same effect as described in these stupid ads.

psych

You need to be careful with lithium, it's a salt. It better distributes iodine throughout your system. If you are acne prone at all, it will cause you to breakout, bigtime.

I use GABA, & 5htp also.
But, the powerhouse for me is 900 milligrams of ashwagandha root I take a day. Somedays, I'll take another 450 later on. I should add that when I had started, I started at a lower dosage.
Also, L-theanine, definitely helps you feel more calm & happy.

Always research any alternative therapy you choose to try.

Last edited:

psych

A good broad spectrum B vitamin can help with stress.

& If possibly low on vitamin D, that could also help with mood. :)

You need to be careful with lithium, it's a salt. It better distributes iodine throughout your system. If you are acne prone at all, it will cause you to breakout, bigtime.

I use GABA, & 5htp also.
But, the powerhouse for me is 900 milligrams of ashwagandha root I take a day. Somedays, I'll take another 450 later on. I should add that when I had started, I started at a lower dosage.
Also, L-theanine, definitely helps you feel more calm & happy.

Always research any alternative therapy you choose to try.

Are you talking about Lithium carbonate or orotate?, because the difference in the amount you need of orotate is much smaller than carbonate (the evil version), as I haven't noticed any acne & have been taking about 25mg of orotate a day for the last few months.

Interesting about the ashwagandha, I've never done any research on it, might have to give it a try.

Last edited:
or bang your head of the wall until your brain damaged enough that nothing bothers you ,to achieve same effect as described in these stupid ads.

These things aren't 'drugs', they are natural supplements derived from nature which are things our body's already rely upon to function normally, it's just when we become deficient in them, due to lack of them being in our food, can it cause things like chronic depression, stress, anxiety, ADD etc..

psych

Are you talking about Lithium carbonate or orotate?, because the difference in the amount you need of orotate is much smaller than carbonate (the evil version), as I haven't noticed any acne & have been taking about 25mg of orotate a day for the last few months.

Interesting about the ashwagandha, I've never done any research on it, might have to give it a try.

I'm not taking any lithium.
But, I know if you are predisposed to acne, it can bring on more. The form doesn't matter. A friend of mine broke out really badly from just a small dosage taken a couple times a week.
Ashwagandha should probably not be used by anyone with a thyroid condition without the advice off a doctor. But, it works great for me.

psych

The GABA I'm taking is not Gabatrol, it's Gamma-aminobutyric acid
The form I have is a capsule, 500 mg. Not sublingual... Have not tried that form...

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-suppl...IngredientName=GABA (GAMMA-AMINOBUTYRIC ACID)

GABA is a chemical that is made in the brain.

GABA is taken by mouth for relieving anxiety, improving mood, reducing symptoms of premenstrual syndrome (PMS), and treating attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). It is also used for promoting lean muscle growth, burning fat, stabilizing blood pressure, and relieving pain.

GABA is used under the tongue for increasing the sense of well-being, relieving injuries, improving exercise tolerance, decreasing body fat, and increasing lean body weight.

How does it work?

GABA works by blocking brain signals (neurotransmissions).

Last edited:
I'm not taking any lithium.
But, I know if you are predisposed to acne, it can bring on more. The form doesn't matter. A friend of mine broke out really badly from just a small dosage taken a couple times a week.
Ashwagandha should probably not be used by anyone with a thyroid condition without the advice off a doctor. But, it works great for me.

A small dose of Carbonate is a lot bigger than a small dose of Orotate though, so it probably does matter what form it was, I doubt Orotate would have that effect, as our body's already rely upon lithium to function properly, so it's not exactly a foreign substance, maybe they also had a lot of salt in their diet? If you do get acne though consuming aloe vera in a drink with lemon juice is good for that.

doesit

These things aren't 'drugs', they are natural supplements derived from nature which are things our body's already rely upon to function normally, it's just when we become deficient in them, due to lack of them being in our food, can it cause things like chronic depression, stress, anxiety, ADD etc..
if that was the case couple pills of multivitamins would sort you out easily as theres like 120 different kinds in one pill.so dont speak crap it might help with light cases of tiredness,but not rewire your brains.