SA - yeah, it's a cure alright

Vancouver

Oh my god! I can't believe I never saw it before. SA can be so easily cured, you just have to step outside the box with me for a second and just go along with it. As a follow up to my last post about learning to like yourself, I have an update that just might kill off your SA with a little bit of practice, motivation, and a belief that this can work for YOU!

You must first realize that the only acceptance that actually matters is that which you have inside. If you don't have it, go get some. If you can't seem to find a reason to like yourself, make a reason. You're the boss of your emotions. Sometimes the hardest part is accepting it - but once you step up to the plate, it's yours. Really practice winning yourself over, with enough dedication and willpower, you can do it too.

Now here's the meat of it all. The real reason most people have SA and shyness is because they're trying so desperately to win people over. STOP IT! By wishing for acceptance, pardon my French, but you're putting yourself in the 'Bitch' position, and making everybody surrounding you the 'bull' in the situation. But in reality, you don't even need to!

Flip the tables. You can even start it today. Raise your expectations, and you'll feel so much better. If you don't like somebody - maybe they bring you down, maybe they're just plain old arrogant - stay the fuck away from them! You don't need them. The more you stick around and try to win them over, the more and more you're giving them your power. You become your own victim, and you DESERVE better, so TREAT yourself better!

You rock. Forget the haters!!

Doomed2Die

Hating people is never good but somewhat similar I hate the system, not the people but their methods... from week two into sec. school I was hit by how fucked up people and the world can be, I see unrightousness left right and centre and since then I know I can stand by my principles in the face of depression/SP and people who claim they can judge me.

Indeed, stay away from those who are uncompassionate and seek out like minded individuals, thats a huge step but maybe one of the greatest to make.

Though I agree with alot of this (except it being so easy, because lets be honest we all have thought of the same things before and it does not work at the time) in such a depressed state with little hope to live for this will not work very well. So sure it sounds ok to me now but not long ago this would be high fantasy, something that would never happen.

Personally through my hate, sensitivity and observing of this system of things I have found the true christians (Jehovahs Witnesses if you prefer) everything they do is out of love, they want to help, I want to go outside and tell people! I take joy in this, when only a few weeks ago I was as down as someone could get, living through life as an addict to pleasure, hiding from everything. Vancouver is correct, if you ever feel your having a good day, break free of your bonds and attempt things during that day that you would not otherwise, lay down foundations for better tomorrows.

Nowdays, I have taken a huge step and have abandoned all my little 'hiding methods' and plan to start meeting more people in the name of God, Jehovah. Phobia be damned I WILL do this and break free.

[Disclaimer] I may seem crazy but if you doubt, try it. Also im sorry if I have hurt anyones feelings of the whole 'religion' things but this is simply my personal view on things, if you dont like it ignore me. note. it has helped me TONS with my severe SP. On another note, this post should most likely be on a seperate thread, sorry Vancouver.

Vancouver

No big. Bumming off my threads is always cool ;)

I wasn't saying it's necessarily easy to accomplish, but that with enough dedication to it, you can at least feel some of the benefits. Besides, even normal people feel shy or anxious at times - that's just something that happens to people.

Also, I used to feel really angry, too. Except I had been a christian some time ago, and for some odd reason, when I broke free of religion, a lot of my shyness seemed to go away. So apparently, we have completely different methods - and I think that's awesome. So again, my post isn't suggesting that I have some sort of 'magic bullet' in store, but that if you try hard enough you can knock the fear down a few points with my method.

Good luck with meeting new people though, and breaking free of the phobias altogether. Shit sucks, eh?